Engine DJ 2.2 IS HERE | Active Loops, New Mixstream Pro features & more

Thanks for adding sorting of the prepare folder!

I cant update untill i update my mac to a new OS. Im hesitant because everything has run smoothly and we know how that goes. Any imput on the best OS?

1 Like

I updated both SC5000m’s to the latest firmware 2.2 and now I can’t connect to Wifi. Ive tried my home wifi even my phones Hotspot and get the error "Can’t connect to Wifi or Lost connection to Wifi. Before updating everything worked fine. Did something happen in the new firmware that we aren’t aware of ? Also I looked in the settings and notice that SC5000M icon was missing as well. Sounds like this firmware wasn’t tested before the release date. So I’m going back to 2.1.2 until this gets resolved. “STOP PUTTING OUT THINGS BEFORE TESTING”. This is thousands of dollars we spend on these machines and to have a glitch like this is unacceptable !!!

BTW I installed firmware 1.6.2 worked fine Wifi no glitches and then updated 2.2 again. Same issue “NO WIFI”

Not to anyone else. Your the only person to mention “no WiFi” and trying to attribute it to the update.

Did you update everything over a usb cable ? Have you left the usb cable plugged in? Some computers put out wierd stuff down the usb cable

Thats untrue. I did not experience any WiFi issues. I use the 5000m almost exclusively with Tidal.

I haven’t downloaded the public release yet. I will let you know if it affects WiFi in anyway when I do so. Who knows strange things do happen :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Give this a try from another thread:

The above user in the linked thread could have used the same update method so hopefully that’s a solution.

thanks i disable it in my pc at start up

1 Like

Just as you said you use Tidal mufasa. Did you lose all your track info with the update? I couldn’t stand losing it all again as with previous updates

No I did not.

My 5 year olds Tidal playlist still has all her crazy hot cues

2 Likes

Did you use the Beta or something ? Yes please let me know cause I have no idea what’s going and like I said it works on other firmware versions.

UPDATE: So tried updating to 2.2 via USB from media player to Mac/PC and still no WIFI. Its says “Lost WIFI connection” and I tried 3 different WIFI hotspots plus my home Network. If all other firmware versions work then it has to be this 2.2 firmware. I work for Intel as a Firmware Testing Engineer here in California so I know what I’m saying and doing folks. I thank you all for your help…

2 Likes

Did that as well on PC/Mac still no WIFI

No problems here with wifi on my SC6000M. It would possibly a great idea you apply as beta tester yourself.

https://community.enginedj.com/t/fancy-yourself-as-an-engine-dj-beta-tester/40935

3 Likes

5000m updated via wifi/OTA - WIFI LIT :sunglasses:

Already been there. Thanks

Desktop software, both SC6000s and the Prime Go updated OTA, all with no issues, and the SC6000s played flawlessly for several hours last night. I don’t use active loops but the update is solid as far as I can tell.

4 Likes

Ok three shows this weekend and one lockup but only upon boot with a freshly updated flash drive. Otherwise flawless with 6000Ms.

2 Likes

Too bad - not one of the first 10 voted feature requests was implemented.

So why is there a voting system at all?

2 Likes

I had some issues after the update during a show this weekend. The touch screen on the SC6000s froze a couple of times. And most of my Serato built beatgrids were off after a fresh Engine install and Serato library import. Will try and test again today.

Welcome back! After 2 months without Access to my account (Passwort was always wrong) i am lucky to be part again!