Engine DJ 2.2 IS HERE | Active Loops, New Mixstream Pro features & more

Did you use the Beta or something ? Yes please let me know cause I have no idea what’s going and like I said it works on other firmware versions.

UPDATE: So tried updating to 2.2 via USB from media player to Mac/PC and still no WIFI. Its says “Lost WIFI connection” and I tried 3 different WIFI hotspots plus my home Network. If all other firmware versions work then it has to be this 2.2 firmware. I work for Intel as a Firmware Testing Engineer here in California so I know what I’m saying and doing folks. I thank you all for your help…

2 Likes

Did that as well on PC/Mac still no WIFI

No problems here with wifi on my SC6000M. It would possibly a great idea you apply as beta tester yourself.

https://community.enginedj.com/t/fancy-yourself-as-an-engine-dj-beta-tester/40935

3 Likes

5000m updated via wifi/OTA - WIFI LIT :sunglasses:

Already been there. Thanks

Desktop software, both SC6000s and the Prime Go updated OTA, all with no issues, and the SC6000s played flawlessly for several hours last night. I don’t use active loops but the update is solid as far as I can tell.

4 Likes

Ok three shows this weekend and one lockup but only upon boot with a freshly updated flash drive. Otherwise flawless with 6000Ms.

2 Likes

Too bad - not one of the first 10 voted feature requests was implemented.

So why is there a voting system at all?

2 Likes

I had some issues after the update during a show this weekend. The touch screen on the SC6000s froze a couple of times. And most of my Serato built beatgrids were off after a fresh Engine install and Serato library import. Will try and test again today.

Welcome back! After 2 months without Access to my account (Passwort was always wrong) i am lucky to be part again!

I know you guys are working hard, is there any intention of smart crates being introduced any time soon? Pioneer having 4 favorite crates at the top is good idea and would make life a bit easier, also daylight mode is a must as it is really hard to see the screen when outside.

Check out the new feature request section of the forum. If someone’s suggested your idea already, you can add your vote to that idea (you get 10 votes only though, so you’ve got to be sure that you really can’t live/DJ (same thing) without that feature… as you can’t vote for 11 things)

If no one has requested the same idea as yours yet, then there’s a form you fill out with the background behind your suggestion - then you submit it and see if anyone else uses one of their votes for your idea.

1 Like

Active loops are so niche, who TF actually asked for this? Denon should work on getting their Engine DJ software to function properly instead of adding these useless features. Or actually implement one of the top 10 features that have been posted for years instead of this nonsense.

Now because of active loops, the parameter buttons don’t function like they should per the manual.

1 Like

Who asked for it? Lol, we’ll there’s 66 answers to that - meaning that it was indeed one of the top 10 most voted for requests.

I’m sorry that it appears that you see no difference between “I’m not one of the people who really needs this” and “No one needs this”

Still, mute point. It’s there now. It got requested, Denon listened (which some people also requested), and Denon added that requested feature.

Who knows, maybe your feature will get added at some point in the future. As an ironic, yet understandable twist of fate, at that time, if your wanted feature appears, someone else might think “I don’t want that feature” and they may post “Who tf actually asked for that feature?” as you put it, or indeed “adding these useless features” as you also put it.

3 Likes

i have denon prime 2 and i cant conect with my macbook pro (macos mojave) to enjine dj

What do You want to achieve?