Engine DJ 2.2 IS HERE | Active Loops, New Mixstream Pro features & more

Hopefully the OS is just around the corner with the requests we’ve all been waiting for.

*So this is OS too. Majorly disappointed. I thought we would have seen one of the most requested features added, like more information on screen (the one I really wanted), or dual waveforms across players like a lot of people have been asking for.

Starting to lose hope these will ever be implemented.

2 Likes

I regain one vote! Great work Denon DJ :slight_smile: Next… full Beatport integration with offline locker and I will be on cloud 9 :smiley:

6 Likes

Interesting improvements, but I for one really need the ability to search inside playlists or prepare lists etc. I.E. if I’m currently viewing a playlist, tapping the search button remains in the playlist and only looks for tracks in it. If the browse button is pressed first, then the search button, The collection is searched, as currently.

2 Likes

Not so good:

After I updated the two sc6000, my sc6000 with ssd kept restarting. with the x1850 switched off, there were no restarts.

After i reinstalled the 1.5 firmware of the x1850 everything worked again. :see_no_evil::confused:

A lot of love for the Mixstream Pro. :+1:. I can’t honestly think of anything else needed, at least for my use. Looking forward to trying this out shortly.

3 Likes

Hi team, thanks for the update.

this appears to have fixed an issue I was having with my brand new DENON PRIME GO, I have not heard one pop or click in the audio since the upgrade.

issue detailed here:

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. Would you mind sharing more information with me via DM so I can take a closer look?

1 Like

Lost track artwork on deck 2 since update

Still no stacked waveform from a second media player for the SCX000 line? I’m starting to think this is never going to be implemented which is really unfortunate. The competition has it, and Denon’s own lower end all-in-ones have it. I can only assume at this point Denon somehow backed themselves in a hardware corner with their networking solution and it’s actually not possible or prohibitively difficult. At some point I may have to sell my X1800/SC5000’s and look elsewhere because it’s a feature I make a lot of use of when playing on other gear.

Have to ask… when you bought the units, was it then promised that they could this? Was it written on the box?

This is already a feature-request, but when Pio launched their CDJ3000, Denon probably already had some other things going on in development, and I bet that they dont want to remove some of the existing features, “just” to add another quickly.

No doubt, I would love that feature on my SC6000s, but you cant compare that they have it on their all-in-ones, with the SC6000s… The other units are All-In-One, therefor all the info are on the same screen. But it takes time to develop new stuff, just look at Pioneer… The original CDJ-2000 came in 2009, then the NX2 came in 2016…thats 7 years for…and then CDJ-3000 in 2021, thats 5 years.

So have patience… I dont know if it will come to the SC6000s, but I´m sure that it will come some day for some Denon single-player.

Until then, do as you did before the CDJ-3000 and the All-in-ones :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sorry where is metronome on desktop?

Top left when editing the grid.

1 Like

Thanks friend

sorry virtual dj ask me the denon prime 2 asio driver where i find it?

1 Like

I join in the gratitude. I waited for six months until the problem was solved. Only now I will evaluate the firmware 2+. Thanks a lot to the Denon dj team. Already the second serious problem is being eliminated over time. I raise a glass to you!)

2 Likes

This “Was it on the box? Did they tell you they would have it?” refrain I hear every time this feature is brought up is tired. The whole promise of buying firmware enabled hardware is that what is in the box on day 1 will be expanded and improved. There are a bunch of features we have today that “weren’t on the box” but people expect them to be there now.

Obviously I can and do mix without it, but that doesn’t stop it from being disappointing that my flagship Denon hardware is not the hardware I like to play on for fun at home because it’s lacking a feature I enjoy using and has become basically an industry standard on high end players and all-in-ones at this point. For now it’s not deal breaking, I still love my Denon hardware…but if it comes around to next year when I’m looking at an upgrade and it’s still not there I will likely look elsewhere.

Like I said, I love the feature too, and would love it on my SC6000, BUT today it does way more than What was written on the box 1.5 year ago or so when I got it.

Hopefully the feature will come one day :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Agreed, hopefully soon. In the mean time I have an all-in-one I can mix on for funsies when I don’t care much about the mixer output quality or having some of the more advanced SC5000/X1800 features.

Literally the only player in the world that has it is the cdj3000, it is not industry standard lol. All in ones don’t count because there is only one screen for all layers to begin with.

5 Likes

Thanks for adding sorting of the prepare folder!