Engine DJ 2.2.1 is now available

I wouldn’t worry too much and I’m sure they are aware and a wee coding hotfix will sort that soon I’m sure

1 Like

but what’s the point of releasing another update if you haven’t solved the problems yet? too many start not trusting their updates anymore

Hey Everyone,

While we’re confident the recent updates made several improvements to the ecosystem, we also understand that some users are experiencing difficulty when packing drives. We apologize for this inconvenience and are ready to assist you.

To help us troubleshoot further, please open a support ticket referencing ‘missing/red tracks’ in the subject line and an agent will be with you as soon as possible.

Engine DJ Support

As a workaround in the meantime, you should be able to use v2.1.0 without any trouble.

Vist the Release Notes section of the Download page for links to earlier Engine DJ releases.

What do the people do that can’t get the library to accept any of their files, even though iTunes, Rekordbox and Traktor can and they load and play just fine in those respective nodes in Engine?

in fact, I went back to 2.1! However, if the updates come out with problems then you should say to wait until you release an official announcement that everything has been solved! an announcement like: well guys everything works now you can update !! if not it’s just a waste of time updating and then going back format our units and reload the whole library! i think i will not update anymore until you declare that everything is fine !!

So, is adjusting loops size still disabled on parameter buttons in this update on Prime 4?

Yes. It’s adjustable via the rotary knob

1 Like

It always will be, as long as the left parameter button is used to activate active loops. :smiley:

3 Likes

JWILL, I’ve sent some detail to your support today which you might like to review

2 Likes

Jediný a dosť závažný problém ale je , že sa odmieta pripojiť ku mobilnému hotspotu , ku domácej wifi cez router ide úplne bez problémov , ale ako náhle hrám kde sa žiadna wifi nenachádza , automaticky som sa pripájal na mobilné dáta ktoré som si navýšil na 1000gb len koli používaniu prime 4 a TIDAL , na ktorom mám dokonca drahšie predplatné koli hifi kvalite . A nepripoji sa za žiadnu cenu , aj po reštartovaní oby dvoch zariadení . Pre mna ako dj na cestách je to obrovský problém , a chcel by som vás poprosiť , buď o radu alebo o okamžitú nápravu a aktualizáciu . Ďakujem Z pozdravom Daniel

1 Like

Translation:

The only and quite serious problem, is that it refuses to connect to a mobile hotspot, the home wifi through the router goes without any problems, but as soon as I play where there is no wifi, I automatically connect to the mobile data that I increased to 1000gb to use on prime 4 and TIDAL, on which I have even more expensive subscriptions with hifi quality. And it won’t connect at any cost, even after restarting both devices. This is a huge problem for me as a mobile dj, and I would like to ask you, either for advice or for immediate correction and updating. Thank you. Regards, Daniel

Ahoj Daniel, najlepšie by bolo, keby si sem napísal v angličtine. Viac ľudí pochopí váš problém a potom vám ľahšie pomôže.

It seems that those that have transitioned from using a laptop have way different priorities than those that came from cdjs. I can’t wrap my head around relying on wifi for a gig what so ever, even with a laptop that seems like a bad idea.

1 Like

Streaming is all very well if you can get a reliable internet connection. At most of my venues they are still strughling with the cordless telephone concept… so i find it better to carry tracks as in old days. At least that way i know when i hit play i will have the full track barring the limiter tripping electric without the buffering or dropped connection.

Always having a backup is a dj reasonable thing though…

You also seem to be forgetting that the audio quality is not on par with buying tracks in a lossless format. If your happy with the unflexible nature of compresssed audio then you do you… I hear it’s very 2022.

Fyi - I do use streaming for digging at home… But I would never rely on it for a gig so I just don’t consider it " a huge problem" not to have.

Not commenting at all on the bitrate debate but Bose is not a valid reference for good sound imo lol

1 Like

In the club/house/techno “world” almost every serious dj uses lossless. I only have lossless wav/aiff files.

2 Likes

You might want to try stretching the same song both in lossless and compressed and see which one quickly loses integrity. Lossless is way more important for pitch/key shifting than it is an “audiophile” listening to their favourite record at the same bmp it was pressed.

I don’t think there’s a right or wrong answer. Since owning a P4 and a GO, I’ve actually started streaming a lot at gigs with back ups just in case and I’ve not had any issues. Connectivity is only going to get better as we move forward not worse.

I have a mate who’s just started to get back into DJing after 20 years and he hasn’t got the library so he started streaming. Good way to fill a gap of not having the tunes for all those years. All about use cases and what you’re comfortable with.

Nearly all class D amps have built-in limiters, partly because some of the cheaper designs could be dangerous without one. Most power amps generally should have them on their output stages, anyway, to just prevent 4X clip harmonics from getting though. I’m not a fan of them on DJ gear, though. There’s apparently at least one limiter on the x18xx mixers (somewhere in the tone controls or channel filter area of the digital signal path prior to the upfaders) that you still can’t turn off. If you can turn limiters off on front-end DJ gear when you’re at a gig, I agree you probably should. I think they’re more for studio recording, producing, or dealing with rock bands, but it’s admittedly hard to escape them.

All this talk of lossy versus lossless format, yet Prime playback firmware still degrades the sound of a lossless track worse than many lossy formats would measure on other brands’ gear. So if you haven’t already jumped on the ‘InMusic, please improve the Prime firmware sound’ bandwagon, I suggest you do so if you’re concerned enough about sound to be worrying about bitrate and formats. Obviously distortion is cumulative, though, so even on Prime gear a lossy track will sound worse than the original lossless version of that track on the same Prime gear. However, I can hear the separation of two MP3s blended together on an old competitor’s player & mixer system better than I can on Prime using two lossless tracks.