Engine DJ 2.2.1 is now available

Engine DJ 2.2.1 is now available to download from Desktop and OS Downloads + Manuals | Engine DJ

Engine DJ Performance Software for Hardware (OS)

Improvements and Fixes

• Fixed a rare issue that caused the device to reset after power on (PRIME 4)
  • Fixed an issue that prevented Autoloop movement effects (Engine Lighting)
  • Improved platter touch sensing when connected to low or irregular voltage power plugs (Mixstream Pro)
  • Fixed an issue where the device would reset if repeatedly loading SoundCloud tracks in quick succession
  • Other various stability enhancements & improvements

Engine DJ Preparation Software (Desktop)

Improvements and Fixes

• Fixed an issue where tracks could not be packed/synced to a drive
  • Other various stability enhancements & improvements
11 Likes

Thanks Denon Team, that was quick! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: The Quantise symbol on the main header of the screen (Prime 4) is not turning on and off, It is permanently on, you have to go into Control Center to turn it on & off! @Jay_DenonDJ

The wink emoji :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :joy:

Agreed - excellent work and proportionally fast

1 Like

Apart from the Quantise symbol problem :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A post was merged into an existing topic: [UNDER REVIEW] Playlists & Files Still Exist After Deleting

When is the web update available for prime go from the device? 2.2.1 Doesn’t seem to available yet

you have moved the post where you could see it is not working yet! so does it work or not? has anyone tested it for good?

@kradcliffe - Please trust that the team works effortlessly to patch things as quickly and safely as possible.

@Chris_S - We are working on a solution for instant access to quantize that will work for all Engine DJ devices. We plan to deliver the feature very soon. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your continued support!

9 Likes

Yes I seen he moved it I have same issue also tracks ok on desktop but coming up red on my usb drive I did a clean wipe of that drive and reinstalled my playlists onto it

so does it work? do i trust to update?

It’s not perfect at all as people seem to having issues with drives missing tracks it’s happened to me on some tracks that are fine on desktop but missing on my usb not sure why but probably the typing or symbols brackets etc not picking up on the usb

The Q hasn’t been pressable in any released versions since the inception of the product. I don’t think it’s fair to call something a bug which has always worked this way.

4 Likes

it also happened in 2.2! red tracks in the usb, I also tried to convert them but they didn’t work anyway. so that problem is still there !!!

Are the files actually playing on the players? If not, wouldn’t that just mean that the file doesn’t exist on the drive…

You’d probably be better off just wiping it and starting fresh

1. Finding and fixing bugs is sometimes the work of hours, sometimes the work of days, sometimes the work of weeks.
  2. When you move very fast on a tech project like this you tend to create more bugs than you started with.
3 Likes

oh definitely. I doubt the team at denon is happy with their code quality, and likely/hopefully they’re thinking hard on how to improve.

so when i installed the 2.2 i started having problems with the export, then some tracks were red and didn’t work on the prime 4! I also tried to convert them but always the same tracks did not work, then I also tried to format my external media and I re-exported everything again but the tracks were always red !! I went back to 2.1 and magically everything fell into place! now i see some have the problem again with 2.2.1 too, and so i would like to make sure they fixed it before updating !!

1 Like

Thats the same as what I did and yeah the issue is on the new update I just tried a brand new usb there and the same tracks were red also

in my opinion it is useless that you have released this new update! and again the tracks turn red like in 2.2! and you haven’t even noticed!