Engine and Denon should have done all this research before profiting off of us

I’m not really sure, if it’s worth to react on claims like this, but…

1. You bought gear 4 years ago, which has a lot of more features than as it was released.

2. You are complaining, about bugs which came with new features and errors, which are mainly caused by the user?

3. You are complaining that the technology is not able to do all your work, which is by the way what makes you probably different from others?

4. You are complaining, that a standalone device doesn’t have the hardware power as a high end pc?

5. You are complaining about a feature (stems) which was prior announced as “to be launched later through public beta”, which is not yet in production? If you have a look at the public beta section, you would see, that there is nearly no feedback to the beta firmware. The beta was downloaded more than 500 times but only two handful of users are working on the forum. Do you think this is enough. It’s always a take and give…but there are only a few who give back, the rest is only taking and complaining.

6. If you like to move over to the industry standard, please go ahead. You know which features the gear will have, when you buy it and also what it will habe in 5 years. But also with included bugs. So…Have fun.

Comprehension: Be open for new features and be willing to compromise or leave the evolution go ahead without you.

10 Likes

Bought a Prime 2 a couple of years ago and it was running firmware 1.6 at the time.

Its since been given the following features as free updates:

• Match
  • Fader Echo
  • Horizontal Waveforms
  • Profiles
  • Touch FX
  • More Beat FX
  • Sampler
  • Playlists
  • 3rd party Library imports
  • Soundswitch Lighting
  • Metronome
  • Active Loops
  • Remote Library
  • Smartlists
  • Ableton Link
  • Playlist Deck
  • Onboard Clock
  • Effects EQ
  • Phillips Hue and Nanoleaf
  • Onboard Beatgrid Editor
  • Performance pad HUD
  • Day Mode
  • Fuzzy Key Mixing
  • Phase Meter

I literally have nothing to complain about with regards to my £1200 purchase, it’s been the best piece of gear ive ever owned for DJ gigs.

12 Likes

Yes! And it is getting better for very release.

What type of tunes are you playing? Until recently the grids on all dubstep have been wrong on my end. It might have been ok for house, techno, and trance. These beatgrids are no brainers

1 Like

This can never be stated enough. In fact you’ve shocked me that its been downloaded over 500 times, yet there are about 10 threads on the whole Beta section for Stems, and at least half of them are nothing to do with any sort of feedback or bug reports.

Like you say, it’s all take, take, take… nobody wants to put effort in to help them develop the feature, instead taking to social media to roll out the usual ‘trash’ ‘it ■■■■■’ nonsense.

2 Likes

The fact is the company is the one profiting they should be doing the research

I have used most of the gear on the market for many many years. And I have a Prime 4+ too.

I have had more issues with Pio gear than the Denon gear over the years.

Support may not be the best on Denon but not perfect on other brands either.

What research is missing?

I play all sorts of music from funk to DnB, the software is no better or worse than Serato and RB have been for me over the years. I use all 3 alongside each other and all 3 require some intervention for beat grids at times, I just get on with it.

Im not sure using Dubstep (a notoriously off beat type of music) to garner how good or bad the grid detection can be, is the best move, and I dare say its not that great on any other platform.

1 Like

Sure the company can to the research, so that you get into the position to complain, that the feature is not fitting the workflow of the DJ or that the company doesn’t listen to the users? :joy:

This is what ATC does…so the choice is yours.

I enjoy giving feedback and being part of the evolution.

Have plenty of friends that have used rekordbox for years that haven’t had a fraction of the issues I’ve encountered. Used traktor before this and their algorithm is great.

Wrong how? If they’re double or half what you’re expecting, change the analysis range. That’s what it’s for.

Also, the doubling/halving thing is not unique to Denon. It’s common across all BPM analysis - software or hardware.

Engine is a piece of software. You expect software to do research?

4 Likes

He wants a product with every feature included and without any bugs. Perhaps also compensating user errors.

I was resident at a venue with CDJ 2000s and a DJM-900 installed for over 8yrs, Rekordbox was my most used Software in that period and believe me its far from perfect when it comes to track analysis, I have 5500 tracks on a USB and there are plenty.

Im not sure what the whole point of your post here is? are you looking for some kind of monetary recompense or just ranting/having a bad day? … im struggling to follow along with what exactly the issue is?

3 Likes

I just want these new DJs that are buying into engine and denons gimmicks to question spending their money on products that will not deliver. So they won’t be disappointed

Yes the company should have a research team figuring all this out before selling the software. Not have all us users doing the research.

Patience is the key. And everyone who can read knows what they can expect from the product. InMusic is communicating absolutely correct and open.

And if stems is the key feature for the users and not a add on or nice to have, another solution should be considered.

Yet you go to any of the industry standard forums/reddit threads etc and they all complain about the exact opposite, buying a product and never getting any additional features.

I know which business model id prefer to be on board with.

1 Like

Feel like the money I supposedly saved on Denon gear has been a wash because of the time I spend doing things this software should have done from the start.

Why was 3.3 released with no way to reanalyze tracks that were analyzed on the old algorithm on the player w/o manually going into the grid and changing it. Simple stuff like this should have been considered.

Maybe it’s best to just sell up and move on then, if that is how you’re feeling. It’s obvious here nobody or nothing is going to change your view so stick your gear on a used site, sell it and buy something more aligned with your vision of what hardware would be.

This isn’t me being clever, or trolling or whatever, it’s genuine advice.

1 Like