Engine and Denon should have done all this research before profiting off of us

Anyone else think that we should not have been sold these products before they were ready? Most recently they are using onboard stems to sell the prime 4 + when stems aren’t ready. Engine is just recently got to par of what a DJ software should be and there is still hardware issues. I bought my 6000s and x1850 over 4 years ago. My next setup will definitely be all pioneer. also feel like we are their research team when they should have done this all themselves, I think we are all entitled to some sort of compensation!

1 Like

My 6000’s and Go can all do more now than when I bought them, so I’m quite happy!

5 Likes

When did you buy yours?

6000’s + x1850 last year, Go this year. Only the x1850 is status quo - rest are better products now than when I got them, and I haven’t paid a dime extra.

1 Like

I got mine in the summer of 2020.

Not mention the SC5000’s from 2017 which still get all the new updates.

3 Likes

Imagine waiting four years and manually beat griding thousands of tracks because the grid analysis isn’t up to par. Came from Traktor and assumed it was at least up to Traktor grade when they are selling the 6000 as professional grade festival equipment. This is why laidback Luke and other top tier DJs have left Denon and engine.

1 Like

Laidback Luke left Denon due to poor beat grid analysis?

1 Like

And do you feel like engines guinea pig? I do

1 Like

Among other things but because of the company’s direction he has a video online explaining why.

No. But don’t let me stop you buying a Pioneer setup at around $11k, when a djay app on your phone does the same and better.

LL left Pioneer for Denon, so your reasoning doesn’t hold really.

I don’t exactly know what your angle is. If you don’t like what you DJ with, take the route that best suits you. LL did and we gotta respect him for that.

5 Likes

I saw the video, and don’t recall beat grid being mentioned. I could have missed it though.

I got my SC6000 in 2020, 3 of them. No problems with any of them. I got X1850 that was broken but got it replaced.

Don’t think he mentions beat griding but this is one issue among many. Stems should be fully functional before selling any prime 4 +. It’s the only difference besides look from prime 4.

So you think their beat grid algorithm has been up to par since 2020?

Why? It’s been pretty clear from the start that it would start out in beta. And how are you gonna do stems on your upcoming Pioneer gear?

If you are a seasoned DJ you know there is issues with this software and the company should have done more research before releasing. They are out for a cash grab not to support and better the culture. Prime 4 + is a perfect example.

1 Like

They aren’t going to try to sell me something that they can’t deliver on. Now stems may not be available for any software.

No different to Pioneer then, who release “new” versions of their hardware that is just a different colour than the old one. If that’s not “cash grabbing” what would you call it?

2 Likes

Atleast they aren’t promoting that it does something new.

Let’s hear from others that aren’t the usual people responding on all these forums