Engine 2.2- sync and manual playlist updating no longer work

You all had at least the version Engine Dj Desktop 2.1 before the update ???

first delete the 2.2 version and reinstall 2.1 , tested the SD card on prime GO updated to 2.2 and it works there

DjMell26, i had 2.1 on OS and the Prime 4 prior to updating to 2.2 last week.

Has anyone heard from Denon anywhere else about looking into this issue yet? Cant afford to miss another show this weekend but if theres no remedy coming soon, Im going to go back to 2.1.

I opened a post with the solution! I formatted both the internal ssd of the prime 4 and the ssd card of the mixstream pro and also an external ssd that I used to backup! then I re-exported the whole library again on all external ssd devices etc! without making any changes to the mac library! now everything has become much faster than before to export! it took me all evening but now everything is back in place!

1 Like

I appreciate you taking the time to respond with your solution, DjValeno but that is too extreme for me to undertake to accommodate a Denon update. Unless Denon can provide a fix in the next day or so, im going to try rolling back to 2.1. Im also on Windows rather than a Mac, so no guarantee that your solution would work the same for me, but again, i do appreciate your time in responding!

if you want to see if it works take a new usb or format one you already have! and try to export some playlis! it’s easier than downgrading! do not you think ? I re-exported all my playlists to three external devices in one night! and that’s 500 gb of playlists!

Ok, ill have to consider that temporarily, though since I’m adding new music every week I’d be stuck with this manual workaround with USBs repeatedly in meantime… but im glad to know this is another option! And that it worked for you, even with that large amount of GBs!

you did not understand and the definitive solution, if you do as I told you everything will work as before! I tried, after you have formatted and re-imported the whole library it goes back to working as before, and you can add new music every day if you want! because this procedure solves the problem I have already verified you can go back to adding music whenever you want! hope you understand!and as if the problem were the compatibility between the old library, ie that of version 2.1 and passing to 2.2 creates compatibility problems! then by recreating the external libraries everything falls into place

Ok, got it. Thanks for the clarification!

Is it safe to use 2.1 on computer to prepare everything and 2.2 as OS on the players (sc5000M)?

Updated everything to 2.2 but the software was :-1:t2::-1:t2::-1:t2:. Not able to make playlists, move/copy songs. Downgraded on the Mac to 2.1 but no time to do it on the players.

My button loop triggers don’t work as of 2.2.0. Anyone else?

You and me both, Kurt. I turned over my log and db files to Denon on Monday so hoping to get an answer soon. Extremely frustrating not being able to import new playlists, etc. Im guessing Logan will share the findings in this chain but I’ll do so if he doesnt. What we need is a fix to be rolled out since its clearly a widespread problem.

This sounds like the same issue I’m having in mac. Shockingly bad to have not caught such an obvious issue before releasing the update… And even more so the fact that it’s still not fixed a month after release.

This is the sort of thing that sets Pioneer apart. People love them for the rock solid reliability and right now Denon are unfortunatley doing a great job of proving themselves to be on the opposite end of that spectrum.

Although I agree that this problem should be sorted out asap I disagree with your Pioneer comment, they too are having a lot of software problems with their latest update and also on their hardware, the RX3 is an absolute nightmare at the moment! Just go on their forum or Facebook and read the comments :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s one thing for new hardware to have some bugs right on release, but it’s something entirely different to release updates for an entire ecosystem that removes basic functions to the point that people are rolling back.

Edit: I’m literally using rekordbox for prep and organization instead of engine(because it isn’t working properly). So In other words… Their competiton is currently a solution.

1 Like

On a positive note, I did hear back from Denon a couple days ago and they do have a fix for this that they say is “imminent” but no specific date is being shared. They are currently testing it so Ive decided to hold out for the fix rollout instead of going back to 2.1 since the fix should be available soon. It’s mind-boggling to me how this problem wasn’t discovered by negative testing before rolling out 2.2. Makes me wonder if any testing is happening before any of these updates, given they broke the various sound effects several versions ago too.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!

The latest update v.2.2.1 did not solve this problem. I am now back to v.2.1.0 Are there any users with better results? To reformat my disks and create a new DB is really a bridge too far for me. I’ll stick with the 2.1.0 version for now. Hopefully in an upcoming update there will be better control (testing) than what we’re dealing with now. This should never happen again Engine DJ.

I wasn’t even aware that 2.2.1 had been released. I normally get an email informing of updates, but not this time. I’ll download it later today and report back here tonight on whether I had better results than you, DJ Manis.