Denon x1800 - Hope Denon contact me

Have had this unit for couple of years. First year I recall issues with signal noise from usb or similar.

Anyway today I thought I would use the unit and noticed it had no power when i went to use it .

Did a few usual checks and no luck… Thought okay check the fuse…

I provide this post to inform my certain denon products i feel best stay away as deliberate manufacturing that makes a simple fuse check a huge issue and they do such to create more revenue etc. Could be that it is just my certain units have rare faults… denon should contasct me please…

Trust me on this as I have other Denon units such as the media players and again my ones are nightmare units that much like this mixer should be recalled.

Also with me since i got these units except for maybe a initial 3 month period the Software and Firmware from this company is so beyond the joke that I cannot allow myself to got there right now as it makes me want to blow up all the units I have from this company. and problem is that if i use the firmware that was initially all good from 2 plus years ago i cant use the software that is current from early last year onwards etc

see what i mean and i just wanted today to play some tunes bit instead of good tunes its really me typing here and nightmare on denon street 10

Denon staff are welcome to contact me as I have been trying to contact now for two years or more.

so over this that yeah cannot belive tyoing here and yeah its true this stuff has driven me around rthe twist that Denon your help maybe assisting me with a pychiatrist might also be needed for me just wanted to paly some tunes i dont even use the many features of the units like effects / syncs / filters etc and all that stuff, just basic use man and what a nightmare, can’t even do that

Hey Urbansounds, what are the problems with the other units you have? Also, whats the problem with the software? Its just out of curiosity, since my three sc6000 and my X1850 dont have any problems. My previous X1800 and two Sc5000s didnt create any problems as well.

1 Like

Same here - I don’t hire mine out, I don’t have any issues with them. I really enjoy using mine more than any previous gear I’ve owned - and I’ve owned a lot.

I would have to agree with anyone who thinks it’s a bit odd that anyone would wait for a call back for two whole years without following it up, even through covid. As for the “manufacturing defect” and taking denon to court … be sure to ask Spielberg to direct the movie, and we’ll all bring the popcorn, I do love a good fictional tal

Ps: not to admins - can we have anti-bump switched back on please. :pray:t2:

Thanks for a reply and when it comes to the other unit it is a SC5000M.

I find this actually difficult to talk about as it was the case I thought I was going mad and something wrong with me… The unit has a manufacturing issue that is present when unit is turned on and then for a certain amount of time. I wont go into all the details but this Manufacturing Fault should have been addressed and recall of units should have been done. For nearly two years I at times would ask my flatmate or others to have a listen and check what i was doing as i would show them basics and show them how at same time it wasnt just my hearing and skills but actually the unit(s) not being correct / having fault(s)

I am beginning works with consumer affairs / far trade in regards to Denon as they have not answered my requests for over two years.

I do not wish to debate various features of products as I use the items in a very simple basic fashion and it is the case that these items have not function the basics correctly, there is always an issue.

Also the firmware / software issues that constant.

With Firmware they update and the sound of unit(s) can dramatically change with such things as less bass and or treble etc. They are digital units and not since i first purchased and had a certain firmware on them have the units provided simple bit perfect audio / data…

I mean no offense when i say this but the products i have which are not working / have manufacturing faults: are items that are not professional type items. I find such are failures / unreliable / faulty / having serious manufacturing issues etc. In the past as an example of when I have owned recording studios and nightclubs I definitely would not utelise the units i have. With the aforementioned businesses i have owned I would use items that are reliable and of quality and not items like the denon units i have… in situations of professional business / environment is very risky to use items that are in development and not correctly functional items / problem ridden items such as my certain units being Denon X1800 / SC500M + issues relating to and from Firmware and software relating to use with both units…

As mentioned previously I am not here to disagree with people who have items that work as expected / non faulty / enjoy the items…

It is the case however that with the items I have are seriously of not good and I even find to be of harm. It could be the case that the units I have are very different to same model units others have and others have no faults like mine… All good and am glad u enjoy. Me just having to post the facts of units I have as finally after all this time i am making time to take action

Im not sure taking action correctly includes creating a forum post entitled “Denon X1800 pure rubbish” and saying things like you want to blow the units up… its certainly not a great place to start is it, if you’re hoping to engage in meaningful, intelligent conversion with people about your issues.

Cool… changed it to more nice title… just yeah my units are faulty ones that need burning…

Wanted to smash and burn the items especially after having to locate main fuse for x1800, the way its designed no doubt is deliberate and is to me just rude bad practice greedy company stuff same as apple etc.a but then again even this fuse issue could just be case for my certain unit… honestly not here to offend users that have good items etc.

oh and thanks and not meaning to converse or argue about the facts of my units… just hoping the staffing from the big company can contact as happy to get rid of this posting as soon a i properly file / report to the government body etc.

What are the issues you’re having with the SC-5000s? i know you said you dont want to go into details about it but you cant expect help moving forward without providing info?

As for the fuse, are you talking about some kind of internal fuse? as in the UK most electrical items are fused inside the wall plug.

SC5000M issue is with my particular unit has a manufacturing fault… fault actually corrects itself half or hour after unit is in use… Wont go into detail as it is case most likely just my unit fault and such could be a rare fault.

X1800 Mixer: No power so as in past years ago with analogue mixers I would check main fuse and units years ago in clubs and also a lot of units in my old studios: it was case that to find main fuse of a unit is generally not very complicated and located at place(s) reasonably logical, but yeah my x1800: open the unit up and then looking for the main fuse i just could not locate it, again thought something wrong with me, but later after a few cigarettes and a couple of shots of scotch, I was able to find the fuses location and yeah at this stage needed another cigarettes and a double shot of scotch so i got my flat mate to deal with it as requires long noise type pliers and or tweezers etc for him to reach in and get fuse out… and yeah not meaning the micro fuses just the main fuse which yeah in the end was not blown,

me after the cigarettes and alcohol, could not be bothered so got flatmate onto it otherwise i might have thrown it off the balcony

thats cool appreciate your offer but yeah just want the staff of the large Denon company to finally after two years to have the decency to make contact

Oh somewhere between guilt-tripping and blackmail. I think we’re seeing the level now.

sorry not sure what u mean no guilts man and blackmails although yes a black male and malcolm x is number 1 if u not understand this post and want to make issue it better u play music i am talking technical faults with my units not your units and prefer adult staff contact

see i gone mad replying to some ppl’s writing guilt trips or other kid things omg its getting worse, first its the units and then its ppl here going nuts

So far no technical info was provided. Would be better if You would share what really is the problem. Then You can be helped better.

I read this post since You created it, and till now, it looks almost like trolling… No real info, just complains about no one knows what…

Wow the post says denon staff pls contact me i am an adult and pls if u can be good it would help by u contacting staff to contact me no trolls i dont care brand u like or like me want my problems with comaony addressed i not here to be involved in avatar or for jordan petersons or trumps just yeah denon staff contact me

Nose riser u know location of main fuse and how to get it out to check,?? that would be of great assistance and appreciated

Now we putting the fuse back in here is photo for denon community member and poster on the forum by name of Nose riser hey man, we forget where to put the fuse back but flatmate says he knows and has the long tools to locate the awkward position to put it back otherwise looks like we have to unscrew board(s) etc just to put back main fuse… i having a double of scotch again as yeah might get urge to throw it over balcony still

Fuse in my hand fuse is all good so yeah power issue actually no power is the issue

Nose Riser i posted a few photos of x1800 mixer as u seemed concern we not talking truth… we honestly putting fuse back and just now got it back in as didnt want to have unscrew boards and xlrs etc this stuff for a simple fuse is worse than a apple laptop

Nose Riser i posting a few more photos for u as we going to screw covers back on now photos for u show u ribbon cables / pcb’s etc and even show u we telling truth as has model number of unit etc