Denon sc6000m problem

Hi can anyone help I just picked up the sc6000m set up with the 1850 mixer upgrading from prime 4. Well I have only had them 2 weeks and one deck the motor stopped working and now its gone into updating motor 04.04 and just keeps rebooting. I have forced an update and still the same issue. With only being 2 weeks old I think a new replacement should be sent. Also if I send back il be left with nothing over Christmas. Is this a major fault or something stupid

1 Like

Hi @Anthony27uk - Sorry to hear of the trouble. If the unit continuously reboots itself after updating the firmware then unfortunately it may require service.

Just to confirm, you held down EJECT + SOURCE + LAYER while powering on and attempted to send the desktop update again?

Thanks for the reply. Yes I tried that and got it into update mode. Updated it and same again. Its away back to denon as they said they need to ship in parts and would make it an a1 piorty.they then forgot to book it with courier which delayed it another few days. The problem is they are a Christmas present and a very expensive one at that as it was the full denon set up.now I don’t know if I will get it back for Christmas eve. Even at that its brand new not even from the shop two weeks. Set up and checked and it failed. All in all I dont know if I want a faulty unit fixed and sent back. I’d rather have a new replacement but I am being told no one can get them . I would be happy with this fixed send by Christmas eve and then swapped out for a new one when they become available. Or what else can be done. A £4000 present that we can’t give. Its turning into a nightmare. Any help would be great

The same problem here with SC6000M

Mate from what I was told there is a faulty chip in a few models that needs to be replaced. Get onto the shop and get them to contact denon then contact denon yourself. U won’t get a replacement due to the shortage of sc6000m ullnless that has hopefully changed well thats what I was told. Also hopefully they have the spare part in stock and can fix as I was told it had to come from Germany and was promised 5daysm took over a month. The shop lend me there display model so I was OK for a bit

1 Like

6K for 2xSC6000 and X1850 used 2 nights 1 Deck down for 2 years. Been to shop 5 times, just read this post got the same issue. What did you do to fix problem?

If you have the updating motor 04.04 error with an infinite reboot on SC6000M there is no other solution than to send your hardware for repair to Denon. All the people who had this problem could not solve it by themselves, it is a serious hardware problem and no manipulation or firmware update will solve this problem. It’s a bit like the Red Ring of Death on an Xbox 360.

Denon is certainly aware of the problem since we regularly see people complaining about this problem here or on Facebook groups but Denon does not communicate on this subject while they know very well that no manipulation will work without returning the equipment in a repair center.

I had it once on one of my SC6000M that was exchanged by a new one by Denon and I pray every day when I turn on my SC6000M that everything will be fine

Would love to know the cause of this problem on these units and if it only affects a certain batch in particular or if all units are likely to be affected one day.

1 Like

Hello, I’,ve got the same trouble… for the 2nd time !!! Back to the service station (thomann in DE), but still have no informations or solution… I’m waiting to the come back since 3 month, it’s very long and frustration ! In the past, I was waiting to 3 month to have a retour of this unit, some interne part had been change, but few month later, same trouble come back ! AGAIN !!! I would like to know why this problem ? some explications… Anyway, i lost my patience ! How can i ask to have an exchange of my SC6000M ? i realy don’t want to have for the 3rd time this ■■■■■■■ TROUBLE ! Any idees ??? Thank & belle journée !

So I’m back AGAIN… SC6000 sitting in repair since April no ETA on delivery of parts. I call every 2 weeks Owner of repair shop is very professional but gives same update every call. I’ve never had an opportunity to play live, was still in process of learning unit. I’m so upset and feel I have no recourse. I was just told only 10 people experienced this issue, yet no parts for months. Not sure what to believe. I’m really at the point where I want to protest, gonna wait to October…

If it’s still under warranty, I’d return it as a “lemon” and once they credit you, buy a new one, if you still trust them.