Denon prime 4 problem

Hi everyone,

This is my first post and a complete newbie to this comunity.

I bought denon prime 4 last year 2nd hand and everything has been great with them until saturday the 4th feb. The prime wouldn’t load and didn’t recognise any usb drives and wouldnt load a song even from Tidal. I done an update to 2.4.0 then after the update a bar came accross the bottom of the screen saying to update fw updating mixer to 1.48 and it will reboot after the install but doesnt reboot.

When i switch on the p4’s now after a couple of minutes a message comes up saying the following peripherls failed to load during boot. Mixer (). Update FW or ignore boxes pop up i choose update FW but with no fix.

Do the decks need to go to a dealer to get fixed. I have taken photos of all the screen prompts to.

Many thanks Paul

Hi Paul

Welcome to the forum, the easiest thing to do is roll your firmware back to the previous version, this can be done by loading it to a USB stick after downloading from the link below. Select Engine OS from option then find the earlier version for your device. The ‘how to update’ guide will tell you what to do in order to do it from USB.

Desktop and OS Downloads + Manuals | Engine DJ

Once you have done that and confirmed its working, either try again with 2.4 or leave it as is and report it as an issue on here. My guess is it is just a glitch with the updater, so maybe using USB to carry that out is more secure. I dont have 2.4 on my device personally as mine is stable on an older version so i dont want to risk it.

Hi Stu-C

Thank you very much for your reply, i have installed the 2.3 os version and still getting the same problems.

1 Like

Ill let someone else chime in if they have greater knowledge than me (one of the mods or staff will no doubt reply) but i would say it should go back to the dealer if its in warranty.

Just hang fire though as you may get a resolution on here that doesn’t require it being sent away.

Hi Stu - C

Thanks again mate your reply is greatly appreciated, because i bought it 2nd hand there is no denon warranty unfortunately :weary::weary::weary::weary: but im assuming it wot be a big fix.

Many thanks Paul

1 Like

No probs.

I would guess its just a firmware problem, you could try going back to 2.0 then working your way up from there to see if it fixes it.

My limited firmware knowledge tells me it looks to have not loaded the mixer config correctly, perhaps a factory reset (not sure how to do it) then firmware reload will solve.

Hi @Paul_clark, I think you need to create a support ticket for this, if re-update did not work. There isn’t more we can do about this as fellow forum members, I’m afraid.

1 Like

Is there anything that can be done to speed up/improve the ticket process Reese? I can speak from personal experience that my raised ticket took a long time to get a response from the team who deal with them.

You read my mind.

1 Like

Hi Reece,

Thank you for your comment is a support ticket giving it to the dealer or Denon to fix, i"m unure of the terminology sorry mate.

Many thanks Paul

Its an online support ticket you need to raise Paul, then one of the support team will get back to you with the next steps.

1 Like

Hi Stu-C

How do you raise a ticket please. Sorry if thats a silly question mate

Support : Denon DJ

Try this Paul, it says you can start a live chat too which might be a good place to start.

1 Like

Hi STU-C

The support team i was chatting with rteckons the p4 are needing a service, what do you think.

Many thanks paul

1 Like

Hopefully you get this fixed bud.

I also had this whenever I moved the Prime 4 from venue to venue. The issue lasted for a few weeks and went away, never to come back (that was well over two years ago!).

The mixer firmware didn’t boot upon power on. I’m unsure if I had a loose cable or an EEPROM chip had a wobble but I’ve (touch wood) never had it since. Hopefully support will be in touch.

2 Likes

Sounds about right, I was reading an older thread where Mr Wilks was basically saying what he says here so I guess a service from them will be the best route. That way any loose cables etc can be identified if that’s the cause.

2 Likes

Thank you greatly for your help in my problem with P4.

Ive got it booked in on friday for a service and i’ll update after that.

Many thanks paul

2 Likes

Great stuff Paul, look forward to hearing if its resolved the issue.

Please, me know what the problem was. I have the same issue and still waiting for tech support to reply on my ticket.

1 Like

I will inform this thread as soon as i know what the problem is. I haven’t given the P4 back to Denon i have put it into a dealer to repair.