Denon prime 4 problem

The Denon dealer couldn’t fix the P4s so theyve sent it back to Denon as they suspect the circuit board or chip that allows updates is needing replaced :weary::weary::weary: as soon as i know anymore ill you all know.

2 Likes

Hi guys,

Ive finally found out the problem to my P4s its the rear assembly circuit board thats broke down which allows and installs updates. Denon are replacing the board at a price £467 as its just out of warranty plus P&P there and back so costing around £650 to get fixed :weary::weary::weary::weary: still cheaper than a new set of decks.

Thank you everyone for your input and suggestions its greatly appreciated.

Paul

Wow… :confused: I think I wouldn’t go for a P4 anymore. Maybe something cheaper like a mixstream pro… Or I’ll wait for the P4+ to see if there are impovements. Did your P4 received an electric shock ?

Hi mate,
I think the problem has been coming from cold room to a warm room to quickly causing condensation and perhaps electricity travelling through that way. :weary::weary::weary::weary::weary::weary::weary:

This is making me a bit more conscious about leaving my Prime 2 in the car overnight after a gig, it was like -2 degrees here last weekend.

STU-C

I used to leave mine in my garage when it wasn’t being used to but its an expensive lesson learnt, ive been advised that any and all kinds of computer and pcb boards alike cant cope with quick temperature change which causes condensation. They will be fine if there not being used straight away so setting up earlier in the day etc the P4s will be at room temp before use. Everyday is a school day mate :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

Ah yeah i do know a bit about this from my photography gear, and it makes total sense. I guess the ‘capacitive’ jog wheels aren’t going to love those huge temp changes either. Like you say an expensive lesson but at least this can be a good piece of info for anyone else who lives in colder climates.

1 Like

Oh yes for sure ! This winter I had a gig in a bowling, far from home, about 200kms. When I openned my Prime case, there was condensation on it, nearly water. It was 2 o’clock in the afternoon. I pushed on the power button only at seven, when my gear was at the room temperature. It’s the same for my amplifiers. I have 2 Crown Amcron Xti. If I power on when they are cold, they instantly go to security mode

1 Like