Denon prime 2 master volume issue?

Did anyone of you fixed - serviced your dj gear?

Yes I have an identical issue on my left main output, only happens when main volume knob is turned quickly, I have to set a sensible level before turning on the speakers, and if the master needs adjusting during the gig, I have to turn the master knob veeery slowly. Denon I am an electronics engineer, so if you have a reason for this issue, I could repair it myself (out of warranty now).

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback! As an electronics engineer do you have any clue why this is happening. I changed my potensiometer under warranty last year but after a few months its the same. What i have noticed is that this happens mostly when the gear is cold. After 5 or 6 hours of use the issue remains but only at 5 per cent or less. Its not the potensiometer i barely use it and my gear is as good as new.

I was hoping to get some info from Denon, or some sort of circuit diagram. I believe there is a DC offset in the signal path, usually caused by a faulty AC coupling capacitor, but with no actual info from Denon, this is a guess.

1 Like

If you find a solution please share. I hope we get some info from denon official. Everyone with the same issue should also post here. Thank you for your information.

I sent it my Prime 2 to warrany, almost two months has passed and they didnā€™t fixed it. It had more problems, like in the cue, a fader stop working, and a problem with the effect knob.

Itā€™s taking two long.

Mine was gone for two months too, global parts shortage.

My advice is buy a cheap controller so you can keep DJing whilst itā€™s away.

Iā€™m using one from a friend that is from native, but i hate it so much. Engine OS is so far away.

I realised my post was about headphone volume not master volume, so I created a new thread so not to go off topic. My apologies for any confusion caused.

Have the same problem, letā€™s see what happens when it comes from the repair.

I bought a Numark Mixtrack Pro FX to use with Serato and its a great little controller for the price.

1 Like

Glad you like it, but this topic is about the denon prime 2 master volume issues.

Im offering an alternative temporary solution whilst the unit is being repairedā€¦ if my post is not relevant to you, you can just ignore it.

Ok, thank you for your feedback, i didnā€™t see your previous post about your denon prime.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback and accept my apologies.

1 Like

No probs, just speaking from experience about the long delays for repair, mine has been back twice now for a total of 3 months since September. I have some sympathy for the company though as my area of work is also suffering with huge delays on getting hardware either new or having existing repaired.

I send my prime 2 for repair once again. It is under warranty until the end of July. The same problem with the master volume. Denon does not recognise the issue. They said there maybe dust in the pot and they will replace it. This is not a dust associated problem for sure. I use dj gear for the last 28 years. Maybe there are some problematic volume pots that were installed during production. Also the first one that was replaced when i send it for service the first time maybe had the same problem. The service department told me that they now have new volume pots. I donā€™t have high hopesā€¦

It happened to me on the booth out again at the weekend, i made the mistake of turning it down quickly and got a loud cracking noise through the monitor.

Wooow, if it wasnā€™t a pa monitor it could easily destroy the tweeter.

Yeah it doesnā€™t sound great, Iā€™d not want it going through my Focals at home I know that.