Cue bug when tapping out a beat

Haha weirdly I don’t really care for motorised platters on media players, I still use my technics at home every time I DJ anyway so static platter media players are fine with me.

I wouldn’t touch other peoples records without their permission but I do cue mine in and touch the surface, they get cleaned regularly though, as do my control vinyl.

They really make you work, but the biggest issues I have with the Ms is that small platters are way more sensitive than 12", and InMusic still has not perfected the ability to bend with drags and nudges without the keylock momentarily deactivating, so you get a wowing pitch effect with all but the most gentle (and difficult to execute) of bends… funny, because the 5500s never had that issue. I’ve tested the M’s bend wowing extensively, though, and while InMusic said it was because it’s part of their scratch algorithm, it does not actually count as scratch being activated such that in the middle of a drag you can tap Cue to set a main cue zero point.

Oh, that reminds me… has anyone on the Ms noticed this Cue bug we’ve been talking about? So far it seemed like only those with the non-M touch units have had the issue.

1 Like

Haha - yeah I was protective over mine. I carted mine around the Thai islands and Japan in the early 2000s, kept them safe, out of the sun, but then every so often got caught when another DJ would ask to look through, ask to play a couple, but then just leave them outside the flight case….and outside of their sleeve :rage: