Corrupt database after power failure

after power failure i had the database corrupt! in all connected devices, internal ssd, usb key, sd card, luckily I had another usb key that I use in my car, which saved me! i had to reformat all devices and re-sync them! I wanted to know if I didn’t have another usb stick how I would have done since I didn’t even have the connection in that place! not even from your cell phone. ??

What’s up @djveleno,

Sorry to hear of your problem. I have not had a problem like this with my Prime 4. For safety reason, I always recommend having a full backup of your music library on another SSD, USB, etc. I say this because I nearly lost my library due to theft some years ago. Luckily at the time I had a partial backup. It is now my practice to periodically clone my main drive on a back up drive ssd that I store separately in my home.

Good luck!

I’ll do this! but my backup was the usb key which was also in the port of the prime4!

Do your self a huge favor and get a UPS for the prime 4 if power goes out the UPS will stay on so you can safely shut down or it will give you enough time to figure out the power problem. Trust me last weekend this was a blessing. $59 at Best Buy.

I don’t think they have Best Buy in Italy :stuck_out_tongue:

Great idea. The lightning storms in Florida are legendary. When I lived there we had them in the office not only for power outages but for power surges. A UPS gives you atleast time to safely power down your equipment. :+1:t4:

Then go to a store who sells them and buy one or online. Kinda common sense.

Exactly:) that was my thought process behind it.

I also bought a power conditioner for my PC/Studio monitors/Denon equipment. Hope it makes the equipment last longer :slight_smile:

I’d certainly rather pay $159 for a Furman UPS than a ‘no name’ model from Best Buy for $59.

The various UPS’s I’ve had in the past have all died in one way or another, so I’m wary of them now.

The point of @MichiganDJ’s suggestion is to have the ability to safely shut down your P4 in the event of a power failure. Unlike a laptop, the P4 has no battery backup. The UPS gives you a temporary power so to avoid the abrupt power interruption of a power failure OR someone mistakenly unplugging your power cord from a wall (happened to me in the past at a banquet hall event). You can pay anywhere from $40 to $200+ for a UPS. At any price, this is a great suggestion not only for the P4, but for any your low power consumption DJ equipment (controller, media players, mixers) at an event.

Are you replying to my post? I know how a UPS works, thanks. Perhaps you missed the part where I said I’d used them before.

Yes I was replying to your post and I read it fully. So please clarify. I’m on board with the a power conditioner but are you saying a UPS is not useful as mentioned by Michigan?

Can you see that written anywhere in my posts? No? Then I’m not saying it.

I’m saying what I wrote. Put another way: I’d rather pay more for a branded UPS than get a rock bottom cheap one from a discount store. My experience of UPS’s is that they die.

Let’s look at your post:

I’d certainly rather pay $159 for a Furman UPS than a ‘no name’ model from Best Buy for $59. The various UPS’s I’ve had in the past have all died in one way or another, so I’m wary of them now.

The Furman for $159 is NOT a UPS. It’s a conditioner and surge protector, and the $59 UPS sold at Best Buy in the U.S. aren’t ‘no name’ they are from APC with a 3-year warranty and $75k equipment protection policy.

Like many of your post, this one is vague, leaving one to question if you don’t have an understanding, if you’re trying to be helpful, or simply being sarcastic. Reading your post I’m assuming that you think the Furman is a UPS and that you have no idea what you’re talking about regarding the $59 UPS.

You ask others to be more specific when posting so I’m asking the same of you.

So you looked at my post. It doesn’t say “a UPS is not useful”, does it?

No I didn’t notice that the Furman device wasn’t a UPS. MichiganDJ mentioned the one he bought, so when the Furman was mentioned (with the phrase “I also bought…”) I assumed it was - as should be obvious - I called it a UPS.

The brand of UPS from Best Buy is not mentioned, so I cannot be expected to know it’s APC. My comments were based on 1) It’s only $59 and 2) It’s from Best Buy, because that’s the info available.

Regardless, my comment still stands. Spend more on a UPS rather than less, and buy a branded one.

So, you didn’t see that the Furman wasn’t a UPS and the “I also bought” was from someone else other than Michigan. You didn’t read. Thanks for your feedback.

…and you’d know all about that.

You provide examples daily and your flags prove it.

Have you realy got nothing better to do this evening?