Corrupt database after power failure

Totally agree with you. Signing off. Good luck @djveleno! Hopefully you found some of the input from those responding in good faith helpful.

ha ha handbags at dawn

The furman isn’t a UPS it don’t have a back up battery built in. It’s a power conditioner.

I got the Best Buy off brand version to test it. I already plan on upgrading soon.

Your comment was kind of a jerk comment. Just saying. If you don’t like or agree with what I had to say you are more than welcome to do what you want.

[sigh] Here we go again.

Yes I know now that the Furman mentioned isn’t a UPS - but Furman do make them, and I did say “a Furman UPS”, not “that Furman UPS” (etc).

So the one you bought was not APC as Mixlive claimed? OK, thanks for clearing that up.

My point (once again for those not paying attention) is to avoid cheap unbranded UPS and spend more on a branded one. Simple.

Not a “jerk comment”. Not a personal attack on you. No need for anyone to get worked up.

The point of buying a cheap one was to test it and see if my idea was even going to work. Now that I know it will work my plan is to buy a better one very soon.

The integrity of the database should be preserved when any power is cut to the unit and this is the area that the Denon DJ devs will investigate. No database should be allowed to corrupt if power is lost and the Prime series should have some checks in place to make sure this doesn’t happen. I always thought that is something that happened when the electricity was cut and around five seconds of power remain in the units. I thought this was time for the Prime player to safely remove any drives. I have killed the power then started the Prime 4 up without the power cable and let then residual power drain many times to try and solve any issues that I’ve had with no database corruption occurring.

If the database isn’t being written to I can’t imagine how it could get corrupted. To have all of the databases corrupted at once is strange as only one database is being read at any one time. I would have thought that by reading a database shouldn’t corrupt it but by writing to one could.

There is so many demonstrations where USB drives are pulled out of the Prime series and they continue to play the track as they are stored in then buffer. This would also corrupt them if so. I think there could be something else going on here, but what, I don’t quite know.

Perhaps there are instants in which the database is written even if no commands have been made that modify the settings or the tracks: for example when we play a track and this is logged in the “History” playlists, we are only reading the mp3 file and the various related information, but actually Engine OS has written or will write in history that this has been reproduced.