Cannot update firmware from v1.1.1 to v1.2

Hi!

I need help to update X1800 firmware from v1.1.1 to v1.2. The firmware updater says “device not found” Clicking “scan for device” does not help. x1800%20firmware%20updater

I followed the instructions as described here (why are the update instructions not included in the zip file?!): Updating firmware X1800 - #14 by polderboy However, the second window did not show up automatically. So I started Denon DJ X1800 Firmware Updater2.exe manually. The X1800 is in state “Update data receiving”.

The x1800 control panel says device is connected: x1800%20driver%20control%20panel%20connected

My system is running Windows 10 Pro version 1803 (Build 17134.706) x64.

Hey @Capsicum and welcome to the forum.

I’m sorry you are having these problems, I think this is best dealt directly with customer support who can walk you through getting this fixed. Please contact them via https://www.denondj.com/support

Regards J

1 Like

I have had the same issue. After a number of tries I gave up.

Also wondered why there is no good instruction incl in the firmware zip file :frowning:

I also have a mac book so decided to give it a try with this one and without any issues I was able to upload the new firmware to the x1800

Hey guys,

I managed to update firmware using a different computer :slight_smile: .

I see two things that might have caused this issue: the first computer that I used without success has (1) an older Windows version (Windows 10 v1803 vs. Windows 10 v1809) and (2) outdated hardware with some flaws in the USB driver and / or controller.

1 Like

Hi @polderboy, the instructions are now built into the updater APP so you just need to follow the onscreen instructions.

Regards J

Use a USB 2.0 port on your pc.