Bugs after update to 3.1.1 (SC6000m)

I didn’t test 3.1.0 much, but I think it worked better on 3.0.1.

an external ssd (samsung t7 shield 1tb, fs: exFAT) was connected to one of the players while recording these videos.

these issues occur randomly and so far I have not been able to reproduce some of them using the internal ssd (because I don’t use it very often)

most often, the issue with the waveform occurred on a player connected via network

Sounds to me, that both players have an interruption in the data transferred via lan for a split second or loosing the network connection totaĺy for short period.

1 Like

Yes, it looks like there are problems with the network in the new firmware also few days ago I observed short glitches when synchronization was enabled (there was a change in playback speed for a short time) on the master player to which an external ssd was connected. it was similar to what is discussed in this thread Serious performance issues with Engine OS 3.0+ on SC6000M - #42 by djliquidice

2 Likes

I answered this in another thread: (For me and one of my friends, the T7 is a bad experience for us!)

The Samsung T7 is really not terrible, it is almost catastrophic! He’s top 10/15 the first day, but then… that’s another story.

This external drive is only good for storing: photos, videos, music and various documents, that’s all.

With a Windows PC, performance is more than random, whether in writing or in reading! My god… even my old Sandisk Ultra Flair usb key in 128gb and faster in writing and works better in reading.

For my part, I have a T7 of 500go and a friend has 2 of 1TB and he is having a big problem on one of his disks.

Mine has the same problem as his, there are more than random performance problems, however with my Mac it works well in writing, but in reading it is random (it is very finicky!).

For a transfer of 94gb of music with a Windows, when it works well, it will take less than 7 minutes, when it is not in good working order it will take more than 34 minutes, or worse more than one hour with a little “stopped working” error message with a nice blank page to match.

They are no longer used for reading, but only for data backups.

I bought Crucial MX500 1to that I put in a USB3 box whose price is between 15 and 25 euros and my colleague followed me except that he took 2 Samsung Evo 870. And everything works like a Ferrari .

Yes, buying an internal SSD + an external box will be a little more expensive, but when it’s our work tool, we don’t limit ourselves in terms of budget and quality, which remains very affordable and economical. based on the long term.

In my Prime 4 and Prime 4+ I only have Samsung from the Pro Series range which is certainly much more expensive, but they are really efficient and I have never encountered any performance or stability bugs!

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with external ssds. My external ssd works flawlessly when connected to a PC using a usb-c to usb-c cable. In terms of speed, it works the same as an equivalent sata ssd connected directly via sata to the motherboard. When connected with a regular usb 3 cable, the speed is slightly slower, but this should not be a problem.

The main problem with using an internal ssd is that each time you need to physically move the player to the PC to manipulate the music collection (I don’t use a laptop to work with music). it’s easier for me to take an external ssd, disconnect it from the player and connect it to the PC, do something and then reconnect it to the player or prime go. and sometimes synchronize the collection with the player’s internal ssd. With the advent of remote access to a collection located on a PC, the use of internal SSD has become even less attractive. in this case it cannot be a master copy because there is no access to the SSD in standalone mode. The best solution to the problem would be to add synchronization of the library with the player over the network, but now this is not possible.

At performances, DJs use external drives (flash drives, ssd) to play music from them. internal ssd is good when you use the player only by yourself, for example at home. when the installation is in a club - using the internal SSD, I think it’s not an option.

Using a regular sata ssd drive in a usb box should not give any advantages over a regular external ssd when connected to the player via usb 3

2 Likes

The external SSD is just a backup solution only and in case I haven’t had time to update the internal library of the P4.

I have colleagues who used an RX2 / RX3 and they passed the cape with the competition compared to the fact that it is precisely possible to install a disk internally, that made them happy, because they happened to leave their USB keys or their external disks connected by inattention to their office computers and once they found themselves on the place of the event it was the big panic no support = no music (fortunately it does not it was not often produced 2/3 times out of 40 events, but that’s still 2/3 times too many) and they are even more delighted with it thanks to all the new features that Denon products offer and that without having to renew it .

The external SSD is just a backup solution only and in case I haven’t had time to update the internal library of the P4.

I have colleagues who used an RX2 / RX3 and they passed the cape with the competition compared to the fact that it is precisely possible to install a disk internally, that made them happy, because they happened to leave their USB keys or their external disks connected by inattention to their office computers and once they found themselves on the place of the event it was the big panic no support = no music (fortunately it does not it was not often produced 2/3 times out of 40 events, but that’s still 2/3 times too many) and they are even more delighted with it thanks to all the new features that Denon products offer and that without having to renew it .

We mainly do weddings so we have more musical organization to do, at least some people ask for more than others.

1 Like

when you’re the only one playing on your own hardware, using an internal drive is a big advantage. when you’re in a lineup and for example 5 people are playing using this equipment and everyone has their own music, it’s a completely different thing.

1 Like

Hey @mrtime, thanks for sharing these issues, we’ve passed them on for investigation with the QA team.

If you’re interested, we’d love to have you in the beta team! Please have a read of this post: Your invitation to the beta testing team!

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply and invitation, I hope these issues will be fixed.

2 Likes

Thank you @mrtime for tagging my 3.1.0 thread earlier.

@Logan , even though I wasn’t invited, I filled out the form and would love to chat w/ someone at inMusic about getting more involved.

2 Likes

The more the merrier for the beta testing team! Once you’re onboard, we can chat some more if there’s anything further you want to discuss :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey @tonies thank you for raising your issue with us. I have a couple of questions.

1. What is your SSD format

2. Have you tried this with a new exported library and if not can you please take a clean USB/SSD and export some playlist on there and try to recreate the issue? (This will help us to determine if the problem is in the software or your library)

Also the size of your database would be interesting. Possible you could send us your m.db file? it will be in the Database2 folder on your Engine Library folder on your drive

2 Likes

I think some of the answers can be found in this thread

I also managed to reproduce this issues. There are several videos in the thread

2 Likes

Hi @Jonas_Fischer!

1. I am using a Samsung T7 (1Tb) SSD disk with exFAT file system.
  2. Of course, I tried formatting the disk to make a new export of files. Exported to a clean Samsung Bar flash drive (64gb, exFAT, 9gb left free on the disk) - I notice the same delay (1-5 seconds) in pre-listening on Prime GO!

File from my Samsung T7 (1Tb) SSD disk - m.db

3 Likes

@Jonas_Fischer

About this case here in the video is using Samsung T5 SSD disk with Fat32 file system, after trying with exFat. The problem is that the pre-listening hangs in the deck where the disk is installed as a source, and on the second deck through the lan port there is no delay! Detected on firmware 3.1, reproduced on 3.1.1!

3 Likes

Just a thought with you guys using Samsung external SSD’s.

These external drives do need their firmware updated, out of the box most have very old versions of firmware I’ve found as I supply these to clients.

I’m using a T5 and T7 shield with zero issues using a mixstream pro go.

3 Likes

all my samsung drives have the latest firmware, so that’s not the issue.

1 Like

Add to that my T5 and T7 devices perform perfectly on faster intel or ARM desktop devices.

The T5s have such great throughput that they are used for recording cinema-grade (lightly compressed RAW) 6K footage. I know this because I do film stuff on the side and the T5 drives were the most solid. I have 4 BMPCC6Ks that I use to film my streams & sets at home. :grin:

3 Likes

Guess maybe they were going off of flawed data?

I will say that the original T7s (think Gen 1) were both superior and inferior to the T5’s. Superior because they had faster sustained reads (~700MB/s) and inferior because they could not handle sustained writes as well as the t5’s.

I have two Gen2 t7s and they are just as reliable as the t5s for my camera needs and also boast the 700+MB/a read speeds :grin:.

/nerd out

2 Likes

WD/SanDisk are also having a bit of a 'mare with some of their drives so it pays to ensure all your SSDs firmware is up-to-date (or even some brands of MVMe SSDs as they are feeling the heat too).

Link: WD Sandisk Extreme Pro (and WD My Passport) SSD FAILURES – WHAT HAPPENED? – NAS Compares

And here: More PCIe 5 NVMe SSDs thermal throttling and shutting down, requires cold reboot to revive - Neowin

2 Likes