Beat Jump feature is not usable on SC6000 = it's a Floor Clearing button

Beat jump feature is not smooth and therefore is not usable at all. Can this be corrected?

There is always a little delay. This is a large part of remixing and shortening tracks on the fly (Sometimes I just want to get to the outro FAST).

And please don’t ask me to set cue points. I get that. But I want to make instinctive, dynamic decisions.

Also, going to 128 beats would also be VERY helpful :slight_smile:

Am I alone on this one?

1 Like

Works ok and seamlessly for me.

What media are you playing from? SD Card? SSD drive? Usb stick ?

128 beat jumps could wipe out a hip hop track in 3 presses so pretty extreme. However if that track is Drake or any of those other modern nonsense ‘rappers’ I’d be happy for it to be 900 beats so we just didn’t have to listen to them at all.

6 Likes

Always USB sticks.

Lol. Fact but I play house mostly so it’s different. I would only use it for those super long tracks.

What hardware are you using? I need “seamless” in my life. I have seen others with the same issue so I’m not alone.

On my SC6000 it’s seamless. Are You having quantize option On?

Yes I have quantize on when I use this feature.

Glad to hear you’re not having trouble.

Maybe I’ll mess with the different sync modes. Can you tell me if you have your sync set to bar, beat or tempo mode?

Then I’d be suspecting something about the usb sticks in terms of read speed (sustained speed rather than burst speed), or low cache or hidden bloatware.

Generally, the higher sustained speeds are the sticks which are more costly and are well known brand (well known for usb sticks - after all… Pepsi is a well known brand, but I wouldn’t trust a usb stick with Pepsi written on it)

I’ll look into that. They are definitely not cheap USB sticks. But you never know.

Also this would be very surprising since the SC6000s download to it’s internal memory. So it does not rely from reading from the stick except when it’s loading.

Do you try and time the presses to be in line with the beat? Even if it’s quantised I still always try to ensure everything is bang on the money like looping and beat jumps etc.

For USB they should be high end USB 3.0 drives for best results, the file is still being referenced from them, but I’d try the timing thing before that however.

One other thing is to make sure all your files are properly analysed with the grid in the right place.

No sync at all. I usually don’t use sync. But anyway I have it set up in the preferences to beat.

Remember that beatjump relays on beat grid, so Your grids need to be also very tight. And if Sync and Quantize is ON, and You miss the timing when hitting the button, then Quantize and sync will compensate forward or backward to the nearest beat when jumping.

1 Like

Iam not sure if this is a workaround for you but for example you could set your hole collection to a half BPM to have a 128 beatjump on the 64 value.

I commented recently on another thread regarding this issue.

With the USB/SD media storage I’ve used, I have never had seamless beat jump.

Internal Samsung Evo SSD on the Prime 4, Sandisk Ultra 200GB SD card, a Sandisk Extreme 128GB card, two Sandisk USB3 USB sticks and anything else I throw at it. This is on both my Prime 4 and Prime Go.

Timing is key but too may beat jumps in quick succession causes a notable audio drop. I’m sure these players load the entire tack to memory and aren’t streamed from the stick. It could be just that it’s a limitation of hardware or more optimisation is needed. The same SSD is in my Mac and Engine DJ doesn’t skip a beat (if you pardon the pun).

2 Likes

Beat jump is seamless on the 6000m and 5000m.

1. Tracks are gridded correctly

2. No pause

3. No lags

4. No silence (except when I deliberately beatjump to half a beat before track starts)

5. In use I don’t jump more than 16 beats / 4 Bars

3 Likes

Same here. Never had a glitch when beatjumping.

2 Likes

I guess it’s time to pull the trigger on that ssd :frowning: thanks everyone for your input.

It looks like a good portion of us are NOT having problems but there is a few of us that ARE having these glitches.

So definitely not an isolated event. Kind of make things more complicated :confused:

Interesting.

I’ll revisit this and see if it’s improved recently. Hopefully so!

I Don’t know for sure but I don’t think the sync modes make a difference here - but your beat grid could also be the problem - personally, I find the analysis is not super reliable with things that aren’t 4x4 beats or are weirdly syncopated etc… just a suggestion but if you can’t set a loop that sounds “right” then the beat jump is unlikely to work properly or sound right either, you’ll be landing off beat and it will sound like hell. Definitely second the SSD suggestion though - would also be curious to try a streaming service and see if this issue persists, load the same song on the USB on one deck, and the same song from streaming on another deck and see how they both respond. If the issue persists, is the song able to be re-gridded or adjust the grid manually?

Isn’t the media loaded to an internal buffer for playback? If so, it shouldn’t matter much what USB/SSD/SD drive is used?

Never had problems with beat jumps on my SC6000/Prime 2.

It could be a matter of the beat grid not being 100% on point - do you fine tune it manually, or just go with the auto one?