Beat Jump feature is not usable on SC6000 = it's a Floor Clearing button

Yeah, the whole song is cached into memory. The speed of the media shouldn’t make a difference once the track is loaded.

I play 4/4 house and the grids are tight. If the grid was on a live track if expect it to sound like it’s coming in off-beat. What I get is a momentary pause in the audio stream as if the audio buffer has run out.

It’s not very press. Short jumps are okay (mostly) but it’s something that I never know how it will sound. Will it be glitch-free or will I drop a few frames of audio when I beat jump?

It happens to some and not others so it’s a curios one but then again, hardware differs inside on identical models due to components changing or becoming harder to find (chip shortages/discontinuation). I remember a bug that only affected the white Prime 4 (screen brightness couldn’t be turned down?). If there is a RAM variation then it could be an optimisation thing. Or maybe I’m expecting too much from beat jump? I always benchmark it next to software which are all seamless.

It’s not as bad as it used to be so I’ll investigate as to why I get any audio drop (it’s milliseconds but noticeable). Type of file, hardware revision number, firmware and media source could all play a part.

1 Like

No problem on prime 4, no problem on sc6000/lc6000 Sometimes a small glitch on Prime Go with the first 4 beats beatjump, but all this with the same usb key on different devices. So it depends on the track itself I think

Cover/hide it with some effect

I still don’t use this feature.

Very noticeable silence when I beat jump. Happens to all three of my players :frowning:

I think an improvement on the beat jump feature be if you could hit the button one, two, three, or four beats before the down beat, and then it automatically jumps for you. Almost like counting it in for you. Instead of having to be precise with it.

For those who are producers, it would be like using song mode on a sequencer.

Line up your next section, and then it will automatically play in sequence right on time.

Very different functionality from cue points.

Depends on how well the beatkeeping and analysis was on that track, if you didn’t do anything manually to the grids. Always good to jump around some before you’ve mixed in to check it, which is actually useful for several reasons beyond just making sure beat jump will work properly later.

1 Like