Audible sound distortions if the key lock was turned on. Engine 3.0.0

Hey folks, Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are looking into this currently and hope to have a resolution as soon as possible.

13 Likes

Can you check my thread about the feedback through the booth on the Prime 2 as well Vince, it’s been lost in the ether from when I posted it.

1 Like

Found it. I wouldn’t say it’s lost in the ether since other people are replying, but I did reply.

5 Likes

one more thing, these distortions can be very easily seen on the spectrum. this file was recorded using 2x sc6000m, firmware 2.4.0 is installed on one player, firmware 3.0.0 on the second. key lock has been turned on and the decks are in sync.

Sample file

3 Likes

I done a mixcloud test last night after doing the upgrade, worked well for me.

1 Like

Which unit did you install the latest public firmware?

Edit:

NVMD

The same problem for me. I use Denon Dj Prime Go.

2 Likes

What styles of music do you guys mix? I’m curious as I know different genres and sounds cause more problems than others.

I get an awful sound with any filtered kick in Serato’s Pitch ‘n Time. Claptone - No Eyes causes a farty duck quacking sound in SDJ due to the kick.

for me it’s techno, melodic techno, progressive, … but the problem occurs even if the pitch is in the 0 position and the key lock is on. If the key lock is turned off, then the distortion of the sound disappears. also this bug is not reproduced in 2.4

1 Like

Yeah. I remember techno and minimal used to cause problems with some algorithms.

Hopefully they get to the bottom of it.

1 Like

Is there any update from Denon on this? Most of my music (I use Beatport streaming primarily, and melodic house / trance predominantly) is unplayable on 3.0.0 with key lock turned on (even with pitch at zero).

2 Likes

Which hardware are you using?

2 Likes

I have the same issue with my Prime 4 and Prime Go. Even opened a ticket with the support but they never got back with an answer.

2 Likes

I have the same issue with my Prime 4 and Prime Go. Even opened a ticket with the support but they never got back with an answer. Do you guys have a timeframe of the solution? On my ticket, I wrote as a “Downsampling”, because at the time, I did not tested it turning off the Key Lock

2 Likes

Wow… support tickets. Maybe a bunch of us should have done formal support tickets for the roll-off of the original audio content and addition of IMD and ultrasonic noise on the SC5000 non-Ms and Ms when keylock is off and at zero pitch as soon as that was first discovered… might have gotten more attention and an actual resolution sooner. It’s interesting that the baseline you guys are just trying to get back to is still poor-quality processing, equivalent to listening to a Sony Discman set to Car Mode and passing through a guitar distortion pedal set to low. Remember during the analyses to compare the old firmware’s digital output to the original audio files or even the competition’s digital output.

4 Likes

This has got to be the problem I’ve got with mine nothing seems to sound right anymore I have posted about sound issues a few days ago on my prime 2

3 Likes

Guys, they just released version 3.0.1 for both PCs and Controllers, I just tried both and now it works correctly =)

3 Likes

So back to mp3 quality on Prime for lossless files but thankfully without clicks. Any explanation why the 5000s didn’t show this in the usual meh Prime audio measurements?

it looks like they fixed it

3.0.1 Improvements and Fixes:

[…]Fixed a rare issue that caused audible distortion when key lock was toggled on/off[…]

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.