Attention ! Pioneer promises heavy lol

Interesting. Is this Pioneer DJ’s first foray into non-controller internal dual playback layers since the DMP-555?

This is funny!! A Must watch!! :joy:

Did he say he’s only ever used controllers?

I wish this was a joke… The console looks like one. :joy:

My YouTube feed has just been assaulted, it lives.

1 Like

Mojaxx just dropped his thoughts.

2 Likes

3300€ hmmm no, thanks.

It’s fancy looking, but lacks too many features. Also, are the faders even serviceable?

Funny thing is that we talk a lot of Pioneer here… Can one talk EngineDJ on their forum?

A thing to note seems to be:

• Still 2 channels direct RekordBox USB-stick, the other 2 channels not? Or 4 channels USB? Press release statement is not the same as the marketing documents…
  • Uses a different database system, so newest RekordBox is needed to prepare/adjust (all your devices).

Same thing on Reddit R/DJ Pioneer leak or new models : 200 -300 comments Denon new firmware or new models : 30-100 comments Don’t know why Pioneer brings more discussion or DJ

1 Like

Surely,

Someone must have a leaked image of the all new Denon Dj Prime 4 PLUS… Is it just a hardware upgrade or cosmetic as well??

These leaks are great for generating new product interest…. Especially just before NAMA 2023. :grinning:

They have about 90% of the market though don’t they so its naturally going to generate much more chat. Similarly to Canon and Sony in photography world.

Just watched Mojaxx review. Of course you could easily turn up to any gig and rock it with the Opus (as you can most other DJ gear) but its got some strange decisions on it.

it just feels like a lesser Prime 4 to me, with a massive price hike. Im struggling to see what it offers that would make anyone front up the extra cost? some funky effects? You could spend the difference on a high end subwoofer and monitors for your home setup.

1 Like

Here’s what I’d like to see on the Deno Prime 4+:

A direct access button to the sample following the Hotcue, Loop Roll, Slicer buttons… A physical volume button for the output level and an adjustable gain either physical or as currently in touch mode and I will add the possibility to be able to pre-listen to the samples loaded into the headphones.

A hardness setting for the jog wheels

A day and night screen mode

A removable front panel to facilitate the repair of the faders instead of going through the bottom to have to completely disassemble the beast, with the risk of damaging the electronic cards seen

More robust faders

And much more … But I have no idea lol

I thought about this last night and on the Prime 2 at least, redirecting it to the Aux channel would allow for both of those things.

All day long, the Prime 2 jogs are slightly too loose for my personal taste so i believe all gear of a certain level should have this feature.

yes, also handy.

Well, you have some good ideas there…

After giving some thought about the 3.0 samples…

1st…. It’s great to now have this option so Thank you Denon! :blush:

2nd…. I have a ton of samples as I’m sure we all do… With that said… I would have liked to have had separate volume controls for each individual sample.

I know this sounds like a lot. But not all samples are recorded at the same volume level which can be a good thing or a bad thing.

Certain samples could benefit from being louder or softer than other ones especially when chained (pressing more than one at the same time).

Example, you load a song as a sample and set the volume. Now you hit a 2nd or 3rd sample and it plays at that same volume. This is not ideal. As any attempt to adjust the short samples will adjust the longer playing song’s volume at the same time.

If your only doing short samples. Drums, and Beats fine… Or just one at a time perhaps… But for longer samples and then chaining more of them together, one volume level for all is not ideal. It will sound like one big mess.

Just a thought….

Isn’t that a prepare issue, like your music would be?

1 Like

No, I feel it’s not…

Because this is all on the fly and these are just samples… How can I fade out one sample without fading out all of them at the same time. That has Nnthing to do with preparation. Besides you can’t do it… lol

I get it… Some of you prepare a lot and swear by it… That’s great there’s no wrong there…

After a while you know the songs, you know what goes together and sometimes it’s fun to improvise.

I have my own style and I respect yours… In the end everyone’s happy and dancing and hopefully shaking your hand at the end of the night. And That’s a great feeling. It’s what part of being a dj is all about… Making people happy every time they come see you perform. :blush:

I mean the sample volume in basic. Like radio jingles, I make sure those are all at a certain loudness to better blend in.

1 Like

So, ive replied to someone on Youtube asking for reasons behind their comment ‘its the best 4 channel on the market right now’

This was their response, referencing the Prime 4:

“quality and feel, the way it looks. Prime 4 looks old and cluttere. Outdated now. The colour scheme was ugly on release and this just shows up those short comings even more”

Well that’s it settled then, we should all sell up and buy this Opus thing because that colour is going to improve our DJ sets no end. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Here’s my direct and honest take.

This thing is for posers and midlife crisis DJs - mostly. They’ll buy this and use it forever because they’re not gonna actually use more than 10% of what it’s actually capable of in the first place.

I did say mostly, because I know there will be some who fall in love with this thing. And there ARE some things I DO like about it. But……

There are so many omissions on this thing though.

They’ve put their most powerful processor in the machine that honestly needs it the least.

It makes me look at my Prime 4 and feel very thankful. (Yes I wish it had better platters and the jog screens showed more than just pretty pictures, but I digress)

I guess the short and sweet response to the Opus is, it ain’t for me.

I dislike everything it represents.

2 Likes