Attention ! Pioneer promises heavy lol

It looks awful… :disappointed:

Yeah its 100% useful for the odd track etc don’t get me wrong.

y no built in speakers…missed opportunity.

guessing a plus model is in the pipeline.

looks alright to me…

setting up after a band at a wedding, you can have music playing in less than a minute.

slap it on the table…power up bluetooth speaker…drop a playlist, then go about running XLR cables, connecting wired speakers etc.

I totally agree, whoever chose that colour should be sacked.

One of the reviewers reckons that, because of the way the website URL is structured, there will be other colours available in the future.

There have been rumours of bluetooth implementation within Engine DJ since mid last year? - I’m curious to see what that turns out to be.

1 Like

There’s a whole thing going on right now with YouTubers over the Omnis Duo reviews.

The usual “influencers” were sent units for review, and made their videos. Many people made comments saying it was “a toy” and that it was too expensive blah blah blah.

A few comments about how (they think) the reviewers are being paid by AlphaPioThetaneer.

One guy takes it a step further and makes a video, not only criticising the Omnis but saying that the reviewers are being paid, not to trust them etc.

He’s now backtracked and issued an apology but damage is done.

Is the video still up?

One thing I notice, and I dont know if this is a 2 way street, but whenever Pioneer stuff gets reviewed there is a strict ‘no mention of other brands’ policy in place, its so obvious.

His name’s DJ Rick Webb and yes the video is still there.

Cheers, love a bit of car crash TV lol.

1 Like

That’s the world we live in. You cannot say what you want or be cancelled.

He shouldn’t have made the apology video tbh.

1 Like

Watched it, I can see why some people would be annoyed at it being implied they are under contract… but on the other hand, its also a great point by someone in the comments that if these reviewers stood there and trashed a unit, they aren’t getting any more units to review, so they kind of are at the behest of the companies to provide positive reviews.

That said, I don’t really like this new Omnis thing, but id also find it quite childish if someone just stood there ripping it to pieces, as im sure its a perfectly capable DJ device (like most are) and its kind of impossible to be massively negative at this point, when was the last time anyone released a truly bad piece of gear?

1 Like

I know Mojaxx is known to speak his mind and be honest about stuff if there’s something glaring to point out, and he has said that if he really thinks something is dreadful he just won’t review it, rather than make a completely negative video.

I believe that most of the moaners are people who are peeved that someone got sent a unit but they didn’t, or just following the herd.

So the Omnis looks different to the “industry standard” Pioneer kit, but that doesn’t make it a toy. The flat all-one-colour thing is “on trend” now (for music tech), so I can see where they’re going with that design.

1 Like

you don’t have to be naive, to work as a consultant in digital communication strategy, particularly on social networks. I can assure you that most influencers do not work for free. And the larger their audience, the higher the fee requested by the influencer to review a product. Most brand companies that use an influencer with a large audience pay to have a review of their products, regardless of the industry, branch or field in which they operate. This is valid for high tech products, cosmetic products, and even computer applications. This is part of the marketing expenses of brands who are well aware that in 2024 influencers have incredible power to boost the sales of a product.

I’m just not sure the DJ channels can be put into that ‘influencer’ category, they’re still pretty small in terms of YouTube reach.

Fair enough if MKBHD is reviewing something it’ll likely cost, but not sure DJCity etc are the same.

• crossfader: around 600 k followers
  • Digital dj tips: 334 k followers
  • DJcityTV: 195k followers
  • Nick Spinelly: 56k followers (considered a micro influencer)
  • Cleveland Terry: 49k followers (considered a micro influencer)

All these little people have enough followers to be considered influencers in the DJ industry, especially the first 3 And I’m only talking about their YouTube channel, I’m not taking into account their Instagram / Facebook / Twitch accounts

Is the revenue they receive not just from traffic to the channel though? And in DJcity case plugging beatsource?

They obviously earn part of their income from the views of their channels but how all influencers whatever the field they also receive a fee from the brand which asks them to do a review of the product. It’s like when an influencer advertises a VPN they get paid for it. We call this in the trade sponsored reviews

1 Like

Yeah fair point. I’m gonna be honest Mojaxx and Phil are about the only two who I bother to watch. Weirdly Crossfader are probably more related to my own life/scene than anyone else but I can’t get away with them most of the time.

Oh and I’ll always watch Carlo when he does his mixes, even if the music makes my ears bleed most of the time I still take time to check them out.

1 Like

Obviously the greater the number of followers on the networks, the greater the cachet will be. Crossfader must certainly take a fee 3 to 4 times higher than Nick Spinelli or CT who do not have the same audience