Are Pioneer shook?

Firstly thank you Denon/Engine team for the recent firmware releases once stems is rolled out across the board I am not sure where you guys go in terms of the next big update maybe you team up with apple to give a holographic experience but any way… The two recent updates from Pioneer suggests to me that there is a shift in terms of what the average Dj at least is wanting from their gear. The SC5000 was way ahead of its time given that Pionneer are now starting to implement features the sc5000 has making the CDJ 3000 an SC5000 rival (dear oh dear) Denon we know is not the ‘industry standard’ but what happens when the ‘industry standard’ takes inspiration from its direct competitor? Is Pioneer worried that the Engine team are rolling out updates too quickly that are advancing the range. Yes Pioneer will refine their firmware etc but that could be months or more. For me I am glad I decided to invest in my denon gear because every 2-3 months there is something new to look forward to. Denon do not get complacent I think the Pioneer guys are shook.

8 Likes

Well, since SC5000 came out, many were skeptical, but now a lot of people are shifting to Denon. I was sure about that in 2017 when I got my hands on the first release of the SC5000 (got them on the pre-order) and sold my personal CDJ’s 2000 nxs back then. I knew it will be a good shift, and I don’t regret it. Now we all see, that Denon is shifting the market and makes the competitors run for their money. Even when CDJ3000’s came out, they were already behind the SC5000, and now 6000 as well. Stems coming, touch fx, and many more - even for the decks, not only stand alone gear. It all goes in good direction. I love my denon gear, and I will happily invest even more in it.

6 Likes

I honestly believe they are too comfortable in their ‘industry standard’ bubble to care too much. People will continue to but their stuff because 90% of DJs believe the hype.

3 Likes

It was at the ISE exhibition. Friend of mine said “go check out the DenonDJ SC5000”.

I had that same conclusion back then (as written in my profile). It was the first “CDJ” that had a good hands-on feeling. My thought was more like “I don’t care what everybody uses. For me at home, this is what I expect from a device!”.

4 Likes

You’re probably right bro but just thought I would fan boy out for a min🤣

Hahaha, fair play:)

1 Like

Pioneer add self-analysis of files to their CDJ 3000 File :flushed:

They are juste 6 Yeats late :rofl: Wow lol

Yeeeey it takes ages compared to Denon analysis…

It was that video that led to me writing the post

No matter what the company that bought the Pioneer Dj trademark does. More importantly, after upgrading to 3.1.0, you cannot set sweep fx in CUE mode. And what denon advertises about Prime4+ with streaming is a total lie. Redirecting...

What exactly are they lying about?

1 Like

Except that streaming works both ways, not only down but also up, as it is possible in VDj. But why are you focusing on this one statement instead of being more interested in the fact that they canceled the audition in the sweep Fx headphones in CUE mode?

No, im asking you a question, what specifically are they lying about? you used the phrase ‘total lie’… lets not deflect here, tell us what you’re referring to.

3 Likes

You’re acting like a politician. You’re taking one sentence out of context.

No im asking you why the company are lying, as per your comment, so just answer it.

Why say it if you aren’t willing to address it? seems quite spineless to me.

5 Likes

If you’ve watched the ad from the link, you shouldn’t be asking questions about the obvious. I wrote clearly and clearly that Denon is lying when it advertises full streaming…that is also broadcasting

So you completely misunderstand the description of a feature, and your takeaway from your misunderstandings is to call the company liars, next level delusion on display.

3 Likes

Stu you got there before me as I was not sure what the issue was :rofl:

Side point Denon- you are sending me mixed vibes with the promo video, you have the DJ in a suit in what looks like some kind of warehouse unit either the suit or the room got to go as it does not look right but that is just me

2 Likes

The mixer section on the Prime4 needed a complete overhaul to have all the new FX. Apart from the lack of pre-fade Sweep-FX in CUE atm, they’ve done a pretty good job to make that move on this “old” hardware.

I also haven’t read a comment yet that stated it wouldn’t be possible to get pre-fade FX listening back or as an option.

I thought that pretty much described the Berlin techno scene, DJs in suits mixing inside a warehouse :wink:

I’m guessing the next updates promo video will be a lot cooler:)

1 Like