Any way of sorting Beatport Link tracks by Key or BPM

Hi guys,

I am new to Denon, getting the SC Live 4 at the weekend.

I have took advantage of Beatport Link to stream on the SC Live 4 as they are giving 30days free trial.

When i have signed in & view my playlists, is there anyway on the unit to sort by “Key” or “BPM”?

Thanks

Gregg

1 Like

If you are playing Beatport (or any other streaming service) playlist directly from it, the answer is NO. It is part of the major limitations in the use of streaming services. There should be a feature request in the request section, take a look there.

But there is a way around the problem, even if all this is not immediate:

• You have to analyze all the tracks of the playlist using the console, one track at a time, you don’t need to play them completely, you just have to let the console analyze them.
  • At the end you go to Engine DJ Desktop and you will see that all Beatport tracks will be present in your collection (you will find them immediately if you set sorting by date added).
  • At that point you can create a playlist, and add those Beatport tracks to your new playlist.
  • From that moment the playlist will be visible in your collection as if they were local tracks, but you can sort the contents of the playlist the way you want (by BPM or key or title, etc).
8 Likes

Thank you for the detailed response.

I hope that this will be something we all will be able to do in a future update as it will make using the streaming services easier for us djs to use in them ways.

2 Likes

Just a (probably stupid) question. How does the history from the mediaplayer comes to the pc with Engine? Or is it just putting the source drive in your desktop?

Thanks and best, Arjen

You have to use sync manager and sync back to engine so it updates any changes from the device.

Ok, how is your mediaplayer connected? By USB? And you have an ssd?

Yeah so you need to put the player in computer mode, then select the drive in engine desktop using sync manager, then there is an option to sync to engine.

Same applies for a USB stick or SD card plugged into the laptop.

Great! Thanks.

It is also possible to make a playlist from the Beatport played history on the SC6000, so without a desktop.

the only way to truly make this work well is to ask beatport to save and edit our playlists on their site. currently can only be done mannually which is uselly

please submit a ticket! the more pressure they get, the faster it will come, here’s what i sent i you want inspiration!:

‘’ Hi,

It is urgently needed that may sort our playlists within Beatport rapidly.

As you know managing and choosing within thousands of songs as a DJ is only done efficiently by being able to find and sort your music the way you need it.

Please integrate the ability to sort and edit/save playlists rapidly by: artist/title, label, genre, bpm, release date, etc.

Or else having access to these thousand of songs is way less useful if you can’t sort through what you need efficiently.

Currently, it can only be done only manually, which is useless with this volume of data.

Also needs the ability to sort the playlist order itself, currently they are only in the order they were created…sub-optimal

Thank you so much for this product, it is the best in the world and I love it dearly!

But it can still get better!‘’

May I please ask if your method could also be used for Tidal? Thanks in advance for any reply given!

Yes-works also with Tidal

Yep, I couldn’t wait, I already tried your solution. :slight_smile: Thank you for the information!