Announcing The LC6000 PRIME Performance Expansion Controller!

Not necessarily. If it was never provided as an option in the devkit from Denon then Serato, VDJ and Algoriddim wouldn’t be able to implement it.

But aside from that, it’d be just as useful in standalone mode alongside SC5000/SC6000s.

Yup, you can bet Serato did not add it as official accessory for free.

1 Like

I think that LC6000 is truly an intelligent object to combine with a SC6000, it is exactly what was missing to fully exploit the two layers. But I would like to understand a certain thing: when you use a SC6000 coupled to an LC6000 can you have different playlists and crates matched to the two objects, even if you are using only the SC6000 display and CPU? That is, if I press the track search knob on the SC6000 can I immediately view a playlist A, while if I press the track search knob on the LC6000 can I immediately view the playlist B?

@Reese since you have been playing with this object for many months :wink:, can you remove this great doubt from me? :smile:

To my knowledge it is one playlist, because it’s one source.

When using 2 SC’s with one source, it’s the same isn’t it?

I don’t know: I don’t have an SC6000 :joy:

I was told that with two SC6000s it is possible to access two different sources (obvious), so I thought that if I have two different sources connected to an SC6000 coupled to an LC6000, it would be possible to access them separately, as if they were really two SC6000s separated. Furthermore I also thought that maybe with only one source it is possible to use different crates or playlists between the SC6000 and the LC6000, as is probably possible if you have two SC6000s. It is not so?

This is not possible as it’s essentially a dumb controller that relies on the host.

It is possible with 2 media players because they are independent of each other and not reliant on each other.

So if I have a single USB stick that contains two crates: MUSIC and ACAPPELLA, plugged into the USB of the SC6000 #1, I can’t make the SC6000 #1 point to the MUSIC crate and the SC6000 #2 to the ACAPPELLA crate? Obviously they are connected to the X1850 via ethernet.

You can, but only with the players, not with the lc6000

So it’s better to have 4 x SC6000 than to have 2 x SC6000 + 2 x LC6000.

Like others state, anything you can do with player #1, can be done with LC #1. However, it is an extension of a player, not a media player by itself. It’s a layer controller or deck controller.

It’s better to have 4 separate standalone sources, but does one do that really? Not if you want one history or playlist.

This was always going to be the case, not really sure why it’s surprising…

The media players are standalone units, the LC6000 is not. This difference in ability is reflected in the price. Something less than half the price of the media player from the same company is obviously not going to be better than said media player.

According to the Atomix team, this is the case. VDJ users were asking about adding more info to the jog display, and the reply was “no can do” unless Denon make it possible.

2 Likes

Go get em boy!

Another thing that I don’t like on the LC6000 (other than price) is the fact that it is a modular single deck controller for DJ software - but it is equally or less portable than a full CDJ.

When gear companies release hardcases for them you will not be able to put 2x of them in a backpack like we could with X1 or D2 or SC2000.

Weird shape (that angled surface) and non-detachable legs just kill any hope of it being compact enough.

Small fold-out legs a-la D2 would have been a better solution in my book. But what do I know…opinions are like asholes, everyone has it and everyone’s stinks right

2 Likes

Would you pay an extra $100 for a unit with pop out legs and slim profile? Might have to disassemble one and see what the internal clearances actually are and 3D print a replacement bottom. You make a really great point.

You know, I talked a lot of shite about the MSRP, and to some degree I still think it’s priced too high…shoulda’ been $450-$500. That said, I think I am going to buy a single LC6000. I only ever mix with the 2nd layer of my right deck, making it a 3 deck setup. I’ve mucked about with playing 4 decks on my (2) SC6Ks, but that was really just for fun. When it comes to getting down to business, I prefer a 3 deck setup. I’ve been getting along just fine with the pair of SC6Ks, but I have been yearning for independent physical control over that 3rd deck. When the MSRP was announced, I told myself that I was just going to buy a 3rd SC6K. But that’s stupid. The functionality is right there in my current deck. $1375 for an additional SC6K, or $630 for the LC6K. Yeah, after waffling back and forth for nearly 2 weeks now, I have decided I am buying a single LC6000.

I’ll update Y’all when it arrives.

3 Likes

So basically the LC6000 Is a newer version of the sc3900 & dn-s3700 ? Without spinning platters :thinking: I don’t care about screens, standalone, etc,etc just want two players, mixer, laptop like I had with my sc3900’s…

LC6000 is just a controller, not a player.

Hi All,

I’m happy to confirm that the LC6000 is now compatible with the PRIME 4. Enjoy!

More info here

2 Likes