Allow Users to change the SSH key

Hi,

I’d like to run some additional software on my players to do some debugging and monitor the performances.

For this I need shell access which shouldn’t be a problem since the players already run an SSH service.

Unfortunately the key that is allowed to connect to the unit can’t be changed, so I can’t put my own key in there to gain access.

Please note that I’m not asking you to publish the existing key as that would be a security issue. I also not necessarily need that key to be removed (in case you need it in the factory or for maintenance). I just want to add my own key to the list of allowed keys.

There already is a very heated topic about this and the supposed “risks” that come with this:

If you don’t like this feature feel free to post your concerns there, this is just a feature request, not a discussion about imaginary risks you get with your own hardware when I am able to change the key in mine.

There is a specific feature request form to fill out, that way it allows voting, its in that part of the forum.

1 Like

Here

Latest Feature Requests topics - Engine DJ Community

1 Like

Thanks for the link!

1 Like

https://community.enginedj.com/t/allow-users-to-change-the-ssh-key/46927