Algoriddim djayPRO 5 introduces Fluid Beatgrids

It’s all over social media. The DJ influencers are raving about it.

The new beat detection in djayPRO 5 is blowing minds!

Feed it a track with a drifting tempo and it handles it with ease, aligning the grid perfectly and showing the tempo changes on the BPM readout. Of course now the grid is correct, this means any synced tracks will stay in time, and tempo based FX too.

Quality of stem separation has been improved too, along with crossfader FX.

5 Likes

Shame to think Mixmeister tech still isn’t incorporated somehow into Engine DJ.

2 Likes

Engine will need to step up it’s game

3 Likes

About to go on the decks and give it a run out with my Serato control vinyl on my phone.

Just tested it on my phone with 50 cents - In Da club.

It’s really good

:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

Pioneer buys serato, maybe in music should buy djay pro.

3 Likes

What if Djay pro isn’t for sale?

2 Likes

Is there a way to move an engine playlist to algorithm like you can do with serato etc?

The way ive done it on my phone is to create an Apple Music playlist on my Mac with the same name as my Engine playlist, then add all the tracks in there, then i synced to the phone and used that.

Interesting i’ll have to look at that but i guess that means having to do all my loops etc again?

Yeah id say so, i do all mine independently in each software anyway so im used to it, but that obviously might not be workable in your case.

Then it isn’t

Every company is for sale. At the right price and under the right conditions/promises for growth and development.

1 Like

Just had a play around with the DVS mode on my phone and its working well… the DDJ-SP1 is fully integrated into the app so all the functions map over which is nice, and it seems to working well with the Reloop Flux as an interface.

I might be wrong here but it looks like my Serato cue points have ported across to my phone and into DJay, i certainly dont remember ever spending that much time in DJay to have set the first cue marker on as many tracks that seem to have it. Ill do some more digging and let you know if thats the case.

Yup. Serato hotcue points and saved loops are available on DJay without doing anything extra. I was as surprised as you when I spotted it.

1 Like

Embedded into the Metadata then? Must be I guess.

1 Like

Correct. Serato stores a lot of things in the metadata. One of the things I like about the app.

If you open a track details in kid3 you will loads of serato gibberish in some of the tag fields

1 Like

If only it was standardised so all software could read each others… but then that would involve these companies thinking about DJs rather than $$$$$

1 Like

That would require a market leader like Serato to make that push.

Something like Ableton link for performance data.

1 Like