Algoriddim djayPRO 5 introduces Fluid Beatgrids

A few users over at Serato aren’t fully on-board with the saving to tags as there’s been issues in the past where it’s trashed files and corrupted (permanently) files due to a bug (thankfully fixed). I think having the option to turn off tag writing is good but I do like that it does it. I have backups so that’s okay but some newbies may not.

It does look nice! I’m deep into the Engine/Soundswitch ecosystem (I’m more frustrated at the lack of Soundswitch improvements to be honest than anything), but lately software has been doing its darnedest to pull me back in! lol

Latest news: Fluid Beatgrids™ has now been added to the Windows version. No improvement to stems though.

I’ve been running into a few limitations. The library system seems designed around using an existing database i.e. iTunes. You can’t select a directory and have DJay scan all the files in all subfolders from there.

No way of editing tags. They expect you to use third party software for that.

My DDJ-RZ is not natively supported so I’ve been mapping it myself. Easy enough to do, but some things are not possible - such as being able to select pad modes.

That’s what I said you last time but you didn’t believe me

I explained it in the other thread. Their website didn’t have any mention of Fluid Beatgrids on the Windows page (and still doesn’t). The video you linked to was an old one. The only clue was the mention on the release notes page - as stated in the other thread.

I had to download and try it to confirm.