6000 network, drives and freezing, lag, non selection

After a week of running through multiple test i finally reached a day that was much better. As in prior post issues of freezing, lagging, non selection of tracks or loading of different sources to name a few I made some test between the 6000s and 5000m’s with x 1850.

In the end I was able to make the 6000 work 90 percent when used with 1850 And the 5000m 100 percent with x1850

Next, if used all together major issues. I purchased a few usb drives and ran test. Best one to use was a Samsung gray titan bar plus 128 with speed up to 300 Ms. This improved multiple functions when using the 6000s and no change to 5000ms which would run old usb of any kind.

Then I installed a 1tb firecuda hybrid. Issues that remain were still some locking up of player and freezing at moment.

I replaced the two factory network cables that came with the 6000s and used a cat6 and cat8. During the test set of 30 min the mainproblem I would get at this point is when using beatport and tidal across the 4 decks. Beatport seams to hog or stall the connection. Loads much slower than tidal. Usb and internal drive only had one fault when loading tracks. However, units didn’t completely lockup.

More testing tomorrow but I am loads ahead of the issues I had for 5 straight days.

Anyone else had problems with network? If I continue then i may lean to the mixer as culprits.

Note. Cables were signal tested and came back working for the original network cables.

Could you please go back to X1850 version 1.0 to see if your weird problems are gone?

https://www.denondj.com/downloads#x1850

Thanks. I will update it shortly and run test in it in the am. More to follow

@Reese @JWiLL

I loaded the software back to 1.0. I had to do it twice as it failed or hung towards the end on the first try for about 15 min. I loaded the firmware back on the second try with no errors.

I did a 45 min test using all four decks and original network cables. I received ZERO ERRORS or freezing. Everything worked flawless as far as previous errors. I also did another 30 min test with new cables and same result. I utilized a USB source to all decks, then internal to 2 decks and back and forth with beatport, tidal and usb on all decks. I continued to change sources back and forth on all four decks.

The only thing i noted is that when I used the internal hybrid drive, when I was playing a track on one 6000 and did a search, selection and load on the other 6000 the first unit would freeze the screen for a few seconds while still playing current track until the other unit loaded. However, didn’t stop the flow and return to normal state!

I think the original firmware for the x1850 is liked by all when using all four decks together!

Thanks! I will do a few more sets later today and through the weekend to see if anything comes up.

Side note: I would say the effects behaved better to the ear with cut off and etc.

UPDATE 2. Just finished 2 hour stream set and and only had a little bleed on effects and when I went to Switch a 6000 from beatport to today it didn’t freeze but look like it restarted itself. @Reese

1 Like

Hi @DeSelGian - These posts seem similar, can they be combined? It will make it easier for someone to help if all details are in a single thread.

1 Like

Yes please combine. There is another under 4 deck and usb that could go here or by it self. Thanks!

@JWiLL @JWiLL did a two hour live set and about 1.5 hours in one of the 6000s froze when connectinf back to beatport and stayed frozeN. On off button and holding it didn’t turn it off. Had to wait until set done to pull power plug

Hey @DeSelGian - That’s a sweet setup!! As I mentioned in PM, is it possible that your media device is not fast enough to keep up? What type of drive and what is the read speed?

I always recommend 90mb/s + especially for networked players.

USB - Samsung up to 300 Mb/s Hybrid Drive - Firecuda - SSD Drive - Samsung - 860 EVO

I bought them specifically to try on these as I could use if they didn’t work on my production side.

Freezing/lockout happens to the same deck after about 50 minutes of play. Always seems to happen when switching sources, whether it be form wifi to drive, vice versa or wifi service to wifi service.

Already reverted the x1850 back.

If you remove the hybrid from the equation does it still happen?

I have removed them all where I only had one of the three and the same player would give me the issue. Then I went to only using Wifi and received the same problem.

Ok, sounds like you’ve ruled out the media devices. I guess you could mix only on streaming services without any media connected to be double sure (unless you’ve already done this).

The next thing to do would be to unlink the devices (remove ethernet cables) and see if just one of the player continues to hang up with out talking to other devices on the network.

If they all play nicely without being networked, start introducing the players to the mixer (connect ethernet to hub) one at a time mix for a while and see if one of the player creates a problem.

You could also try an ethernet hub/switch if you have one handy to rule out the hub on the mixer.

I can try it all again. Wont hurt. I only didnt try the hub,

Were your issues solved?

Yes I did. I did have to switch to different usb and hard drive for 3 of the players, mixer had to go back to original firmware and the 4th player had to be sent back for exchange.

The first setup was 2x5000m with 2x6000 and x1850.

The sc6000s did not like my existing SATA and usb drives. I’ve if the sc6000s kept causing issues for the others with the update mixer firmware.

Second setup is 4x6000s. One still had problem from above but I changed it with vendor and problems went away.

1 Like

Can I get a link to download the original firmware please? I am having the same issues.

Firmwares et al

1 Like

Denon/Engine seriously not happy both my decks froze up mid performance, had to restart one player (second) there is an issue with the link on my sc6000/x1850 which it was not doing prior to the 2.4 update I thought the 3.0 update may have addressed this and it has not I managed to get through the set but was anxious as I did not know when it would freeze again, this needs sorting asap.

1 Like