3rd Party Mixers with SC6000

I’m a 2 channel battle mixer guy. I just don’t get 4 channel mixers. Prior to the X1800 the last 4 channel mixer I owned was a DJM700 which I bought when I was still trying to find myself.

1 Like

Yeah, i think we all owned mixers to find ourselfs. And my respect to all 2-channel (Battle-)Djs which take care of using the crossfader and all the buttons as it should be. For gear they got great options: an Ecler Nuo or an old HAK is great, Rane is brilliant but expensive, Mixars is new in buisness and seem to be a good option. I entered the game with a cheap used Gemini and then a used Numark and it was total ok. And for Pioneer: I have to use them as they ofen are standard in clubs or on other partys. So you will get along with them as you have to. But i never got a good feeling using any Pioneer devices, especially mixers, in the sense of that they can be a truly extension of my body and iam able to get into the flow completely, that they are well produced, that they are great in sound, that they are worth the money. Therefor for my hard spend money for myself and my taste would be on other mixers. And i have the feeling that since the days of the old DJM-700 and so on, Pioneer has become extremely impudent (dont know if this is the right word) in their price- and overall product philosophy.

1 Like

Rane does not have auto detect BPM for FX when in standalone.

My subsequent mixers were the 62 then the 72 MK1.

If they add autobpm to Rane mixers…

1 Like

You are correct and this is exactly why I stopped purchasing Rane Mixers. I loved demo-ing the seventy two and seventy two mk2, but was so confused why I couldn’t have auto beat detection while playing vinyl on a modern mixer.

1 Like

One thing that puzzles me to frustration is the fact that the ability to receive midi clock on all mixers is on lock down.

Via din 5 or usb???

USB of course just by looking at what is available now.

Why can’t the new ranes receive midi clock but receive serato bpm.

The same with the pioneer mixers no midi clock but receive pioneer/serato bpm.

Why can’t the Denon’s now when the previous generation could?

Such a wonderful feature that every dj who uses software wants from a mixer of this age and day has been omitted, brushed aside and locked down.

True, I had X1600 and X1700, both could take Traktor’s BPM via USB MIDI. That made mixer internal FX very accurate with the software BPM…

I‘m using an A&H Xone Px5; this is an amazing Mixer, it’s rocksolid and has an incredible sound. The whole effect section gives a lot of creativity and you can create great effect combos if you use the Filter with the Fx. Beat detection is working great. Great Soundcard if you want to use DVS or Software (Traktor) or stream the master output directly into OBS with usb. It is able to send and receive MIDI Clock (usb or DIN) Great Routing options (not as many as a Xone 96, but works for me) …and it will never go out of style :slight_smile: Cas

4 Likes

I bought a xone 96 and two sc6000 in November, unfortunately only the xone has arrived so far so I can’t help you :joy:

You mention compressors on the V10? Genuine question - why would you want compressors on a DJ mixer, or would that be for adding synths/drum machines (uncompressed stuff basically)

The DJM900NXS 1 also has the compressor. I use it when playing vinyl. Many old tunes weren’t mastered with loudness in mind.

2 Likes

Are you saying that you purchased a pair of SC6000’s in November, and you still havent got them?

Well, I ended up cancelling and getting a refund on 11th march so kind of, yeah. I did nearly hit the button on a pair from somewhere different last week, but it turned out they only had one lol

Wow - I didnt realise stock levels are this bad.

If you like the look of the MP2015 then consider the A&H xone db4. I’ve got one with my sc6000m. You can swap the fx rotary faders and the channel faders in rotary mode so it becomes a rotary mixer. You will still have a crossfader too. Amazing mixer imho with great effects.

3 Likes

I had a Xone:PX5 before I replaced it with the Xone:96. I LOVED that mixer!! It’s more like an instrument than simply a mixer to sum channels. If I ever decide to compile a LivePA rig, the Xone:PX5 will be the mothership. The EFX section is soooo sick! I miss the “Tape Echo” most, but Masif-Q delay, Pitch verb, and Timewarp were also super cool and unique! The fact that you could stack external EFX with internal EFX at the same time was kinda’ revolutionary. The crossfader sucked Big Time (lol), but you could assign it as a Wet/Dry fader for the EFX!! That mixer had options galore!! That thing was the perfect amalgamation of Digital & Analog!!

Allen & Heath (Xone) are supposedly developing an external EFX box for the past few years. If they can make it a marriage between the PX5 and DB4, it will dominate everything else out there!!

3 Likes

Denon X1500 had that option already + sample this at the same time… :thinking:

1 Like

I use the DB4 with the two SC6000. I have also often considered switching to the X1850 because of the better “integration” and because I really hardly use the technical possibilities of the DB4.

On the other hand: yesterday I played around with it again and used the effects quite extensive… it simply sounds cool. For example: put the reverb effect onto a synth or pad during a break: that sounds not cheesy, but fu…ing MASSIVE.

In addition, the filters sound cool (not quite as cool as those of the analog Xones but almost) while the filters of the Denon devices are supposed to sound pretty mediocre.

The integration with the DB4 is good. You have digital inputs for the Denon players, a high-quality sound card and also a digital output for recordings. The only drawback: the color assignments from the Denon players just do not work, but who needs that.

I think, I’ll probably keep the DB4…

2 Likes

DB4 is on my wish list :smiley: If You would ever consider to get a X1800 from the Netherlands - we can maybe think something out.

3 Likes

The DB4 is far more superior for sound quality, is it not?

2 Likes