1.4 Public Beta Now Available for all PRIME Series Media Players!

That’s the best way.

Some Hifi enthusiast, TV repair guy, console games player, handy with a screwdriver chappy won’t know a hot cue needs/doesn’t need backward and forward quantisation or that we’d never need x or y or z on a stage

DJs make the best testers or DJ equipment

1 Like

Sorry no, my above comment was at the latest in the Engel propaganda output, which even denon staff have recognised now.

It would be good if you (sir real) could participate in beta testing, coz you could find something not working right, or at least not working right for you, where maybe others wouldn’t have found it. But some people just don’t have schedules or gaps between DJ appearances to load firmware and test and report and roll back before the next appearance, so that’s cool.

HA!, ok, you do you. What you’ve described to me, is someone who should be getting paid by denon based on their expertise as a consultant. It’s something that is the current attempt by big business to not pay for work by people that they’re asking how to make their product work and be better. Do with that what you will. I’ll still wait for Denon to release an actual update and not a beta.

Ok, now I’m curious… Why is it that when I point out the things that I think is missing or could be better, its propaganda? I have always been kind against other members, but when a company asks for feedback, I’m gonna give it.

I have NEVER said that my requests was more important than others, but I will (like I’ve said before) always speak my mind.

Its a classical example of ignoring some people, simply by calling them out as trolls, saying its propaganda etc. Just because you cant give them an answer.

Then its easier to turn others against them.

I give possive feedback when needed, as I did with the latest release, but at the same time I also comment my point of view.

And you are in no position telling me that my view is ‘wrong’.

So if thats propaganda… Fine… I actually think that people need to grow some :basketball::basketball: instead.

And to end these discussions:

We are all beta testers in life. When the final release comes, the earthly journey ends.

:innocent:

2 Likes

It’s hard for me to understand why people keeps “trashing” the beta release. If you don’t like the “beta concept” just don’t install it 🤷 By the way, I already played about 6 hours and didn’t found a single fault on the beta release. Nice one Denon DJ!

1 Like

Now I’d see those two things as two separate things.

A / making the product work B / making the product even better

Maybe for A , then the beta testing should be free and the final firmware release should be free

But for B, where all sorts of things that was never in the original specs are requested then the beta testers testing those developments should be paid, but the firmware giving the final versions of those add-ons, should be a chargeable add-on, like plug-ins for studio/daw software. Like, if you want 50 extra voices or fx, fine, that’s 250r please.

The firmware would have to be more modular for that to work though, I think.

Denon are really sticking their neck out for us, asking us what new, never even dreamed of features we all want, racking up a list which must be 300 or 400 wants and “want nows” with not a hope of more than 30 or 40 of them ever seeing the light of day, realistically. Still that’s 30 or 40 more new free firmware features than pioneer would ever consider adding on an existing model - they’d just (re-)launch an old controller with those new firmware routines in it for a whole new price.

1 Like

Just found a new issue when loading a drum and bass track from tidal it’s showing 117 bpm original tempo is176bpm

Track was called rock boat by Roni size

That’s not a new issue - already reported

This is so deep, I can see Adele rolling in it

1 Like

Yes, but Pioneer has a GOOD and SOLID basic software that you can use without any, or anyway few, issues… Here we are asking for more new features while not even the basics work… This is the BIG difference…WHO ever ask for TIDAL and WIFI now? It’s a nice to have but after all the foundamental issues are gone…And your SC5000 are waiting to be used as media player and NOT as a Technics 1200 turntable…

1 Like

You’ve confused software and firmware there. I agree with you that the denon software (Engine Prime) needs some improvements but those are in hand via the software specific team they was set up a few months ago in New Zealand.

Both denon software and firmware are being released more regularly, with less gaps in between than ever before. Not everyone’s “basic stuff” will get fixed in the “next” release but it’s all getting even better , release by release

1 Like

Yes sort of , but it’s taken them a decade and a half to get it how it is now. You should have seen it 10 years ago - it was about as useful as a condom with a hole at each end :sweat_drops:

Well, I think that in 10 years the SC5000 will be a little bit dated…Anyway, I’m referring to the FW and not the SW, even if also the EP SW should be fixed…I don’t think that for the Pioneer CDJ it tooks so long, maybe a couple of years maybe less? BTW, in ten years I’ll be “sleeping” forever…hope not…

where can I get the engine prime 1.4.0 beta for Mac ??

I don’t think you can as the public beta area of the forum is showing as “closed until the next public beta”:

You’re better on v1.3.4 anyway as this included all the fixes and many of the features from 1.4.0 public beta, with the exception of the Sync Manager, which was pulled due to needing workflow improvements.