X1850 top effects screen not working

X1850 top effects screen just stopped working.

Now only the bottom screen displays something.

Just bought the mixer last 23rd of February.

I just opened another support ticket, I already had one asking for the new firmware and I’m still waiting for response on that one:

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Just called DENON support, but since I’m outside the USA now, they just told me the warranty is voided.

Is this true?

I can send the faulty device to the USA for a refund, to get an exchange for a new product (I think it would be fair since I just bought it a few weeks ago) or to repair.

They told me they only send repairs back to USA addresses. So it’s going to be even more difficult for me.

To think I was hesitating on buying a Pioneer DJM-900NXS2 instead… but I decided on the Denon Mixer since it would be more compatible with the Denon players.

:pensive:

@Anthony_DDJ maybe You can help here?

Anthony was already on it in the, now more or less, doubled topic.

I’m thinking of merging the two. Copy-pasting replies in both doesn’t create more support.

Sure, in that case You can delete my comments :slight_smile:

It’s 23rd of February 2022 right?

I would send it back to the store I purchased from for a full refund.

Most brands do that for worldwide repairs. The warranty will probably be honoured if you send it to the place/country you bought it at. Or get it repaired locally at your cost:

It’s sometimes cheaper to import goods but you lose out later coz anything can need repairs and international shipping esp with insurance, can be more expensive than what you save. I found that out when I imported a camcorder from USA to uk 3 or 4 years back. Also I bought some new moving lights from China - less than halve price of the UK ADJ (American dj) same lights but 3 out of 8 of them didn’t work so a local repair shop had to fix them with ADJ spare parts - leaving me out of pocket

For your situation I’d pay to get your local denon shop to repair the display. The less 1000s of miles it’s being carried back and forth, the less chance of mishandling

I got tired of waiting and bought the Pioneer DJM-S11 instead.

I’m keeping the Denon players though.

1 Like

Hello,

I have the same thing. During mixing, upper screen went off and never on again. Mixer is 2 Weeks old…

current Firmware 1.6.

I tried to reset and boot it several times. Maybe somebody who has a fix for this?

1 Like

My top screen is also out.

Is there a firmware fix for this or is it broken and in need of repair?

Broken, bad batch of OLED screens from China. Use search, there is a topic listing the exact model number you can use to order and replace it if your mixer is out of warranty.

If it’s still under warranty contact the place of purchase for replacement of the screen