X1850 struggling with Serato following 1.7 firmware update

I was previously running on Firmware 1.3 but decided last night an update to 1.7 was long overdue. Big mistake!

Since the update I now have the following issues using my X1850 in DVS mode with Serato DJ Pro. I am running 2 x Technic 1210s and Pioneer CDJ-350s with Serato control vinyl/CDs (all in ABS mode).

1. I can no longer run DVS vinyl at 33rpm mode. When you play it in that mode, the music is garbled and slow. But you can run it in 45rpm mode.

2. The CDJs in ABS mode is playing music locked at -29% speed, so again it sounds garbled and slow.

I don’t have the old 1.3 file on my hard drive anywhere and previous firmware updates are no longer available on the Denon download page.

Any ideas?

Have tried updating Serato but that is no help.

Thanks

Matt

Seems like freq/sample rate on the mixer needs to be adjusted following a firmware update.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have tried changing the sampling rate on the mixer (there are 3 different settings) but it makes no difference.

Matt

Did you try relative mode?

Try re-calibrating the decks too.

This is ABS mode. The BPM is locked at -25.9% on both decks and plays slow.

REL mode is the same.

When you select INT mode the pitch slider is at the minimum not in the middle but can be switched to the middle which correct the speed but when you flip back to ABS it slows down again

Ok I think I may have resolved this!

You remember me saying that DVS vinyl will no longer play in 33rpm mode and will now only play at 45rpm?

If I flip it back to 33rpm it plays the Serato Control CD at normal speed, no longer at -25.9%!

So at least I can get back to playing music at correct speeds with a few workarounds.

Will keep me going until I replace old tech…

And is your DVS working now too?

Yeah all working (sort of).

Following the firmware update:

1. I can only play Control CDs correctly if virtual deck is set to 33rpm
  2. I can only play Control Vinyl if virtual deck is set to 45rpm. Making it very sensitive to fluff on the stylus whilst keeping up to that speed.

This wasn’t the case before the update. You could play either at both speeds.

Probably time to move onto a digital controller…

Do you have a record with music that you can test using audio thru in serato?

Yes there is no problem with audio through.

Also have plug a totally different controller/mixer into my laptop and no issues with Serato. So the issue must be the firmware update from Denon as that is the only change. Hopefully they see this and 1.8 is forthcoming.

If it passes though the music in serato as is then it will certainly pass though the timecode the same. The dvs switch on the mixer is only a send and return. The mixer is not altering the input at all.

there is new public beta with serato, you may want to test it.