X1850 OLED SCREEN FAIL

I have an X1850 and both OLED screens have failed…

As far as i can tell the various functions still work but without the OLED screen you can’t tell what effect you are actually dealing with.

These have failed after a few months of me buying the mixer - denon fixed it - then it failed again - denon refused to fix it the second time (even though their second fix didn’t last 6 months). I’ve been using the mixer without using the FX but i’ve lost patience with how awful this mixer actually is - by comparison the SC5000m’s are absolutely phenomonal. The overall customer service i’ve received from Denon has been poor. So bad that i categorically will not buy another Denon product based on this.

Can anyone offer any input on how to fix this? I’m convinced it must be a 5min easy fix. This mixer never leaves the house and is used for about 2 hours a month. There must be some help out there.

Thanks in advance people.

ross

1 Like
3 Likes

I’m curious to see any receipts you have on the prior repair, correspondence, and videos of the current function issue. This would not only bolster your first post on the forum among the membership here, but might get you more attention with the InMusic employees, or at least help you find a service tech who can help. Someone had previously mentioned that InMusic is not doing out-of-warranty repairs in certain areas right now.

Mine was fixed, then died again then replaced as the screens could not be sourced in a reasonable time. EMails I received suggested the early batch of screens were duds.

What other issues are you having with the mixer? That was my only issues and it has been fine

I was able to repair my top screen by myself by following the instructions posted by Ghiata_Loredan on this other post: Denon X1850 Bottom Screen Display Dead After 2 Months, New Mixer - #4 by Ghiata_Loredan

Costed $69 for the screen at instrumentalparts.com, and had to wait about a month before I finally received it. Installing it was pretty easy too.