X1850 mixer quality issue

Hi there, been dj’ing since late 80’s, so have owned and used a lot of mixers in my time, but i must say that the quality of the x1850 is the worst i have ever seen. Not even a year old and channels 1 & 3 are cutting out on full open. Going back to pioneer i think…anyone having the same issue?..p.s. i am very light on my channel faders, as i mainly use the crossfader.

Well, that’s a long, long time… interesting…

2 Likes

Ye we used fog horns back then, it sounded like what hardcore sounds like to me today :sweat_smile:…i knew someone was gonna spot that when i wrote it. Think i may change it too “late” :thinking:

Phew… There was me thinking im the only grandad dj on here…

Made my day that knowing im not the only one that remembers 80s gear… and all the cable changes and fly leads we used to have to carry to get from one lead to another lol

1 Like

No yr not alone, there’s a lot if us out there. Ye we didn’t need gym’s in those days, carrying the 1210’s and MRT60 mixer around was enough exercise :sweat_smile:…loving todays tech, but lost me muscles :tired_face:

1 Like

I’m not having sound issues but certainly experiencing other disappointments. The Ethernet switch appears to be bad as the players won’t stay linked in standalone mode. Also, the Engine button only works to reveal the firmware version info but not to actually start Engine. Everything else about the mixer is great. These two issues are unacceptable in a 2 month old mixer.

I only linked my players through the mixer once and didn’t like the lag it produced, so i stayed with just linking the players too eachother, much better…maybe the ethernet port is ok for connect straight out to a comp for livestreams, but i’ve always used a soundcard so not entirely sure. I have just gone back to a pioneer mixer now. Sending my x1850 back to Inmusic for repair and will either keep as a spare or sell it. But i won’t buy another Denon mixer for sure,…players are grand though :+1:

Amen. I love the SC6000’s and will likely go the pioneer route on the mixer as well. Also considered going the rotary route but unfortunately Rane discontinued the MP2015. Not sure I’ll be missing anything as the only reason for purchasing the Denon was to take advantage of the linking features.

1 Like