X1850 Mixer isn't assigning media player ports

Page 5 of the X1850 manual states:

> When your media player is connected to Link
> Port 2 on X1850 PRIME, Layer A will use
> Channel 2, and Layer B will use Channel 1. 

Every time I turn on the SC6000M plugged into Port 2, the media player comes up as Channel 1.

x1850 manual also states a boot up and shut down sequenz. Are you aware of this and is this applied in your current workflow?

Yes, I turn on the SC6000M’s first, wait until they’ve loaded media and my profile. At this point, it already assigns the 6000M which is plugged into port 2 to Channel 1, and the 6000M in port 3 is assigned to Channel 2.

Then I turn on the X1850. After it comes online, nothing changes with the channel assignments.

It seems like the channel assignment (and the related layer preferences) should be preserved between power cycles - saved in the profile maybe?

Because not only do I need to update the channels before performing, I also need to adjust the screen view so that the dual layer display has the left 6000M showing 2B first, then 2A.

There’s two things that make this annoying:

• The custom deck colors for all 4 of my decks don’t match the colors on the mixer until I correct them in the settings menu
  • When I have multiple USB sticks in use, it incorrectly lists the deck number (I know it’s on the deck in Channel 3, but the screen shows it’s in 2)

Are you certain you really use network port2+3?

One port is the PC link port, so if you blindly count from left to right while in front of the mixer, the players would be in Port1+2. You seem to experience that.

Seen from the back, it is right to left of course:

Correct. Ports 2 & 3 on the switch

1 Like

Okay great.

So if you press and hold the Engine Connect button on the mixer, the screens of the players show the wrong channels after each power cycle?

What versions of players and mixer do you use atm?

Mmm perhaps contact support on this one. Might be the mixer’s switch.

Players are 2.4, mixer 1.7

When I power on the players and mixer, it’s initially correct - the players are 2 and 3, the colors are correct, etc:

But as soon as I pressed the Engine Connect button (or if I load media) , then the players become 1 and 2 as seen here:

Haven’t got an explanation.

I presume Engine Connect is already set to AUTO in the mixer menu?

Try using port 1 and 3 :+1: maybe

No. I think @DJ_MRZ wants both layer A’s on channel 2 and 3, so it needs to be ethernet 2 and 3.

All clear Reese but for troubleshooting it would be good to test also other ports and see what happens :+1:

1 Like

That’s exactly right.

• Sometimes, I have LCs paired with the SCs.
  • Sometimes, I have 2 additional SCs paired with the SCs.
  • I have the colors of the decks matched to the colors of the cue buttons on the mixer, for quick cross-reference.
  • I want the decks to match the numbers, so when someone puts in a USB stick into 3, it shows 3 on the other players