X1850 Firmware update failed

During the update, the mixer gets stuck when clearing the memory and does not receive any new data from the software.

Is there a trick here that he at least receives data?

@Reese one for you :wink:

If it’s Windows ensure that the windows firmware application is running and try again.

Power cycle and try to get into update mode again:

Hold BACK + FX CUE + TAP > Power ON

Then run the update application again. What also sometimes works is reconnect the USB cable when “receiving” is active, but no data is transferred.

Hello Reese,

Unfortunately, no more happens when “receiving”. Even before that, some of the LED strips stop and when I then send the firmware nothing happens on the mixer.

Have tried it very often even with several PCs Mac cables etc.

And the 1.6 firmware is no longer available for download to test this once.

Here’s a related discussion.

It was my understanding that there were issues with x18** 1.6 firmware, therefore it is rightly not available. It seems there were some component changes with the x1850 during the pandemic and the 1.6 firmware didn’t agree with one or the other parts permutations.

I’m at 1.5 and would like to update to 1.7. It would be nice to see the change log. At one time, we were told to ask tech support before updating. I presume that is not needed now since 1.7 is posted. I put in a ticket, but it disappeared. I just put in another ticket to check.

I bought the x1850 and when i got it, first thing i did was update the firmware to 1.7.

Got stuck and the mixer didn’t boot anymore. Thought i bricked my new mixer. (I work as a system and Network administrator and tried every trick from the book. Tried my pc and 3 different laptops )

I spend the next 3 hours trying to get the firmware on, didn’t work.

What fixed it for me was: Rebooted my pc and tried again. Believe it or not, but that worked for me.

After the reboot 1.7 installed without a hitch.

I know it sounds stupid, but that worked. It’s usually the first thing i ask when someone calls me, but the last thing you would try yourself.

Hope this works for you to.

Did exactly the same and was about to give up a few weeks ago then rebooted and then mixer took the file and updated it fine

I have done network admin and lots of firmware upgrades on cameras costing 100k plus which are just as prone to getting confused on updates.

Was not giving up that easily wonder if pc holds something in the app data folder or similar preventing it… then is clearing on reboot