X1850 Channel Assign Issues

Hi,

I have an X1850 mixer connected to 4 players (2 SC6000 & 2 SC6000M). The mixer fails to assign the channels almost every time I power on. The only way I can get all 4 channels assigned is to repeatedly refresh the IP Address and reboot the players until they are assigned the correct channel.

Any idea’s on a fix?

Are you players connected into correct LAN ports on the back of the mixer as per manual?

Yes they are connected, I believe in the correct way?

I have player 1 ethernet connected into link 1 LAN port on the mixer with phono (line) connect to channel 1. I have player 2 ethernet connected into link 2 LAN port on the mixer with phono (line) connect to channel 2. I have player 3 ethernet connected into link 3 LAN port on the mixer with phono (line) connect to channel 3. I have player 4 ethernet connected into link 4 LAN port on the mixer with phono (line) connect to channel 4.

I believe also that is correct.

Next step in troubleshooting (if I were you) would be to check the forum for similar issues because I remember for some people it was the startup sequence that was the solution.

Third step - reduce the number of components and try with just two players to see if there is any changes.

I presume you have disabled the second layer on ALL players!?

What happens when you hold down the “Engine-logo-button” on the x1850? Does the “Engine Connect”-pop up then appear on the players? And if so, how are the players then assigned compared to how they should be?

Yes I have Reese.

The pop up appears randomly, sometime on 1 player, sometimes 2 or 3. I can only get the pop up on all 4 by refreshing the IP and turning the player that doesn’t show the pop up off and on.