X1800 Firmware v1.3 Now Available!

It’s a hassle, but you can give it a try to reformat your link, so the forum accept it like this for example:

www . we transfer . com / example (Remove spaces on the link)

Or add the link to the post via edit after posting.

I think the system threshold was reached for some older posts that were marked as spam due to the amount of links.

I don’t know how to change this, so that vigorsolair could add links to a posts again.

JWiLLDenon DJ Staff

7h

If quantization was possible, we would make it happen but it is not.

Transparency is always good, maybe you can explain on why it isn’t possible?

I’d rather know if there was a hardware/software limitation between the two then to feel that this is just planned obsolescence. More people would be inclined to upgrade if they were told that the x1850 had an upgrade processor/DAC/ect, but locking out a feature, without reason, is not cool.

1 Like

Judging from the release notes, this update is amazing. I am so excited that so many improvements were made to the FX all around.

Thanks to all at Denon who made this happen. I will give it a go tomorrow and have some fun with it.

1 Like

I have never spammed… This is a bug! Is there no technical support for the forum?

I know. I’ll look into it.

1 Like

Ciao Ragazzi, Nel provare a caricare il nuovo Update Versione 1.3 mi si e bloccato tutto da prima mi e apparso la seguente finestra con scritto: Your X1800 not responding after an update. The sucess of ht update is anknown. Unplug and replug in the device and press "TRY AGAIN?”

Poi ho riprovato e mi appare la finestra: Pleas wait while the update instal. This may take serval minutes. The device will reset on its own when complete. After the device has reset, press the “Next” button in this application window… Ho aspettato più di 1 ora ma non succede niente! qualcuno mi puoi aiutare Grazie

Dovresti scrivere in inglese, altrimenti difficilmente ti daranno supporto. Oppure potresti provare nel gruppo d’aiuto in Italiano disponibile su Facebook. Cerca: Denon DJ gruppo di aiuto.

Hai provato a spegnere il mixer e rieseguire l’update? Se il PC è Windows verifica che tu abbia i driver del mixer aggiornati (meglio Win10)

1 Like

Effects are the main improvement and they are obvious and welcome, both in function and fidelity for the most part… other than the sweep deadzones problem oddly being worse. Filters and effects definitely sound smoother and less randomized in the treble like subtle static.

I did 6 painful hours with the glitchy Gemini MDJs with 1.2 and another 6 with 1.3. I can suggest with some hesitation and many grains of salt that 1.3 has the same overall kind of sonic essence there, similar to the x1800 signature you already know… is still a touch powdery or dry, for example, but sounds a bit more dynamic, relaxed… less crushed, hyped, and coarse. More fine, less chunky, while still sounding like the x1800.

Seems a little more musical and compatible with loud sound systems than before… breaths better with volume… like someone just deactivated both the Loudness EQ and the Car Compressor on their Sony portable CD player rather than buying a completely new stereo. I mean that as a compliment, but don’t expect a completely different mixer to show up after installing 1.3.

While it always tested flat, it bizarrely seems maybe less v-shaped now in tonal emphasis. The mids sound less scooped to my old ears but without the Prime players’ own forward, shouty quality replacing the 1.2 mids reproduction. There’s less of a sensation of the audio at times being squeezed through a tiny pin hole or passed through really aggressive/steep process filters. Sounds maybe less constrained and overdamped.

Nonetheless, treble transients are still occasionally uncontrolled into a randomized static quality… not the effects making it worse rather just generally, but less frequently than before. Maybe that is just relaying the audio accurately? I heard all sorts of stuff in some music I hadn’t heard before with 1.3, so it’s possible. Can’t say if the dry quality and this treble thing might be the opamps rather than dsp processing, but sometimes I also think the Prime players separately share that treble malady in their audio processing, too, that is definitely not an opamp thing.

Anyway, other than some very slight immediate-on faint, inoffensive transient ticks for effects that is expected (you are cutting audio in sharply) and the sweep deadzones thing seeming worse, I can at least confidently say it’s not otherwise worse-sounding or worse-functioning that I can tell so far. The LED dimming is essential. It’d be pretty funny if the only sound change they actually did on this firmware was for the effects… hah hah. Placebo effect is strong in sound.

1 Like

i had the exact same problem :face_with_hand_over_mouth::neutral_face: i was using my laptop with windows 7 and it gets stuck on the reset part at the end :grimacing::grimacing: i moved my mixer to the deskcomputer with windows 10 on it and perfect no problems hope this will help u to

1 Like

Going to the Program Files (x86) - Denon DJ - X1800 Firmware Updater - STM32 and running only that exe in there worked for me. The main updater at 75% might have been trying to do some USB audio XMOS check and couldn’t communicate with the mixer in Windows 7 still. I don’t know if that did everything it was supposed to do or not, though. Says 1.3. USB audio still works. Seems to work fine.

I’m having some issues with the gate effect. It staying on and either blanking way down in volume and staying like that even when back at center or blanking in time off and on even with the gate button LED not on. I filed a bug report, but didn’t fully understand the extent of it, though, and will edit the bug report when it shows up.

1 Like

OK, I have a fun one. Tried to do the update, same laptop, OS and cable I did 1.1 and 1.2 with, 1.05 drivers installed. Mixer would not connect to the computer via USB1, wouldn’t even show up as a device, tried USB2 and that worked, tried to run the update, went into update mode, it pushed the update to the mixer and then nothing. Now I have a mixer with no firmware so it won’t boot, and neither USB port will connect to the computer now. What’s the option here? Really hoping the USB hardware isn’t dead or something because I loath to send anything in for repair.

Which operating system?

It’s Windows 8

Try running just the exe in the STM folder all by itself. If that doesn’t work, try 1.1.1’s STM exe first and then the 1.3 STM one. See above for my issues with Windows 7.

The issue is that it’s not even registering as a device when connected to the computer, when you plug the mixer in or unplug it I no longer get the device connected or disconnected notification that Windows makes, it’s like the USB ports are dead.

Tried again and could get USB2 to connect to the computer finally, tried to run the update again, even just the EXE in the STM32 folder and it shows it pushing the update to the mixer and then nothing after that, tried it twice. I can’t remember, should the EQ LEDs be moving while the update is being pushed? Because they aren’t for me.

This is exhausting, two dead SC5000s exchanged 18 months ago, beta SC5000 firmware corrupted my engine database late last year, and now a bricked mixer. Great.

1 Like

Mine stopped at the 75% mark on the green bar where that green bar kept going but the mixer channel meters stopped progressing downward.

My X1800 never ceased to be recognized by either of my Windows 7 machines except when I plugged it into a USB 3.0 port. Pretty sure these are USB 2.0 on the X1800.

Have you tried re-installing the 1.05 drivers while using a 2.0 port?

1 Like

Excellent - thank you denon for this. It took a lot of time for you to release this but it was worth it.

I installed from a windows 10 laptop and it went in smoothly, and appears to have introduces no negatives, only many positives, so great.

We need you to show some love to the SC5000 and Engine prime windows products, and their owners. That corner you’re going around that’s coming soon should have been behind you and us 2 years ago.