X1800 Firmware v1.3 Now Available!

FX Quantize is not available on the X1800. This feature is specific to X1850.

Working in my environment. What do you mean by “I can’t use”?

X1800 does not have USB inputs for media devices. The update requires a computer.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure whether it could be put into the sc5000 as they are networked into the mixer. Obviously not :joy:

Updated User Guide also now available :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Weird. Is this universal or just with non-Prime players to the mixer?

And what are the implications of it… we have to make sure our timing is good when we turn a Sweep knob or trigger an FX on the x1800 and in contrast the X1850 delays a trigger or truncates a premature one for you in predetermined manner??

Is the X1850 FX quantize defeatable?

That’s a significant punch to x1800 owners. Quantize Fx are firmware, considering how much fx related things this firmware update has brought to the x1800.

Also all that promising comments that denon gave us about primes would be Updated together and no prime would get left behind - and now, on the very first update since that was said and the x1800 is missing features to the x1850 already.

2 Likes

Sorry you feel that way. We literally just released a substantial (free) update that adds new abilities and improvements 3 years after the product release.

If quantization was possible, we would make it happen but it is not.

Disappointing to see complaints about a positive announcement :confused:

2 Likes

I dont know if its a bug…

BUT if I switch to Delay, turn the Wet/Dry to MAX and activate it, there is a fall-out in the sound. :face_with_monocle:

Dont know if its only me…or if it is meant to be this way

Could someone tell what is extra special about FX quantize? Must be my natural timing as I don’t miss much.

Edit: ah more locked to grid and bars.

That would be expected. Delay requires an audio buffer to build the delay audio. You’ll notice the audio time is different at each time division.

It’s best to enable first and use the Wet/Dry to bring the FX in and out as desired.

1 Like

Thanks for quick response and answer. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just tried to sync a Roland MC-101 to the midi out of the x1800. I set everything up correctly and it gets a tempo but it is not accurate. If I let the mc-101 run alongside a track it will drift. Am I missing something?

Stuck

You may have interrupted the update process. Power off, then power on while holding BACK, FX CUE, TAP and send the update again. Be sure your computer is not going into power save mode during the update. Also best to leave the updater app in focus while the update sends.

Same thing again and didn’t touch computer. Mixer stops responding at about 76% of firmware transfer but green bar continued to progress. If I hit Next on screen it says something to the effect of “The mixer stopped responding, unplug… yadda yadda…”

Strange! Will the mixer take the 1.2 update?

https://www.denondj.com/downloads-archives#x1800prime/

I’ve done it before. I remember an early firmware required two manual steps. Let me try 1.2 again. Pretty sure 1.2 was without an issue on both mixers.

That was if one step did not complete.

My update session needed a reconnect of the USB when the mixer was in “data receiving” mode. However, that was because “next” did not respond.

Sorry but the attachment and links is disabled for my user… How do I share ??

That’s normal. Echo at max only listens to itself. Echo has to have some input from the sound, courtesy of the wet/dry setting being less than 100 so the fx can “pull some sound in” to work on

Wow, same thing just happened with 1.2 at the 75% point on the green meter. I don’t get this. I updated both these mixers using the 1.2 exe before. They’ve been at 1.2 since.