Windows Driver for Virtual DJ doesn't work

When i install the 1.0.1 driver, i get the Visual Studio installer logo, but when it’s done there’s a very brief flash of another installer window but it immediately exits.
When i reboot and launch Virtual DJ and connect the Prime Go in Computer Mode, i still don’t get any screen information and i also can’t use the Prime Go’s audio outputs.
This leads me to believe that the installer failed to install properly. I already tried running it explicitly as admin, but that also didn’t work.
I’m running the latest Early Access VDJ build nr. 7093 and i’ve tried this on two different computers already with the same result.

I’m running Windows 10, so that’s not the issue here

1 Like

i have same problem under win 11 or 10

Yeah it’s unfortunate. But for this update in particular, i think it’s just not very high on the priority list. I wonder how many testers there were for this, i feel like it was all MacOS users.

I have the same problem, on my new ASUS ROG Zephyrus S17 GX703HSD laptop, running Windows 10 Professional (x64) Build 19044.1889 (21H2). On my old HP ENVY 17 laptop, with Windows 10 Home (x64) Build 19043.1806 (21H1), the driver installation worked fine. And the Denon Prime GO works correctly, what on the new laptop it does not. Also tried with admin rights but the problem persists. Could it be that it’s the Windows Build problem?

Fix the driver installation problem. You have to go to programs and features, in the control panel, look in uninstall or modify Microsoft Visual C + + 2015-2022 Redistributable (x64) and Microsoft Visual C + + 2015-2022 Redistributable (x86) program and uninstall them (do not repair), restart PC and then reinstall Prime GO Windows Driver 1.0.1. Driver installation works great.

2 Likes

you beat me to it, lol, this is how i fixed the install problem with the Mixstream Pro & Windows 10, uninstalling old versions of Runtime…

1 Like

Thanks for this tip on installing the Windows Drivers for the Prime GO. I just tried it and it worked perfectly.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.