Will there be a 2.6 firmware update?

I go for the Reverb instead of the Flanger. But that’s just me. Any way that is not going to happen. Noise? that is just a wasted knob along with the other one, The Echo is the only good knob on the EFX section. I guess if you want more EFX you have to go SERATO…

1 Like

Yes, need new firmware because half of tracks still not marked as played with FW 2.5 even if played from first to last kick.

Now on my MCX with FW 2.5 marked as played 5% more tracks than marked with previous FW. The system for selecting which track to mark and which not is incomprehensible, guess this system just not exist. I was try to play tracks from firt kick to automatic stop in end - a lot of tracks are not marked.

Denon’s software dept. is simply a true disaster. From that side, not professional. Sorry.

Up to A year to eighteen months ago I would say you were right, but not since 18 months ago.

Now they really seem switched on and “on the ball”

The upgrades to the prime players have been fairly fast compared to how things were 2 or 3 years ago and the engine prime software for computers is getting much attention to.

It’s like the bpm sensing and formula was a sticking point for so many other functions that they got stuck on getting bpm sensing right and wouldn’t or couldn’t move on until that dam was made to work properly.

Also the way that the prime OS firmware inside the players is fairly universal, means that when they make a change to a feature on one prime model then the other prime models mostly get it added or changed too.

Their software and firmware have both got to a very high standard now, and for the last 18 months - very different from how it was before then.

1 Like

describe the situation as a person who does not read the hundreds of bug reports from customers. I really have a hard time believing that you are describing even a small part of reality. We haven’t bought any products to test them, but maybe you don’t.

If you’re just here to be insulting then I don’t see any point in you communicating with anyone.

2 Likes

To be fair, the developers currently on staff are not the same as those that initially developed the 8000 software.

InMusic bought Denon afterwards and are left with picking up the support tab on the legacy firmware.

Development on the Prime series is much better, and lately much faster - I’d imagine a lot of curses are said whenever one of the devs needs to go back and fix something on the legacy 8000 code. The honest truth here is that the MCX8000 is legacy at this point and you’re lucky to have even gotten a 2.0 release, let alone ones after that.

Regarding the history bug, cost vs benefit of fixing it probably has it as a low priority because not many will be using the 8000 standalone, even fewer will use the history. Yes a beta test did take place but did Denon say they would fix that issue? If they did then your outrage is more understandable, otherwise fixing it might just not have been on the 2.5 release roadmap.

1 Like

JonnyXDA, who bought Denon there and who wrote the software and who is working now and who is not working - it doesn’t interest me at all because i’m just a customer. It’s internal troubles of Denon, not my. I was pay for MCX8000 like others people. The MCX8000 is out of support? No. Therefore let’s they fix f***in history!

1 Like

Lol I’m just giving you a bit of an insight as to my guess as what is going on internally. You may well be a customer but you also have a legacy product so expecting and demanding things without due understanding is naïve and foolish.

Denon’s focus is (rightly) on the Prime series.

1 Like

Legacy in terms of codebase and hardware components certainly. Legacy != discontinued.

1 Like

ADDED

SoundSwitch support

FIXED

Prepare list continue play is not working correctly.
Prepare list tracks are shown “BLUE” color unexpectedly.
BPM shows “0” in Prepare list.
History is not registered. (this was never resolved even though they say yes)
Title becomes “Empty” when going back from prepare list to title list.
scratching during reverse play in slipmode cancels reverse play.
reverse play is turned off when pressing SLIP button in reverse play.
AAC file recognition issues.
“Key” is not reflected when loading track from HOTLIST.

I also did a test using 16 tracks. From my understanding, the track will register in History only after playing a minimum of 60 seconds.

Of the 16 tracks tested, 3 did not register in History. I replayed the tracks and again the same 3 tracks did not register. Apparently there is still a bug, perhaps affected by the build/quality of certain tracks. Looks like more testing needs to be done to determine if this can be resolved.

Other than that, I’m happy with the stability as my MCX since the last update.

1 Like

I wondered that too. It would be nice if the three tracks that didn’t register in the history were all WAV for example, and all the tracks that registered were MP3, as that would be easy to spot.

It might be something more deep though, like those with saved memo cue points and those without, or those that were analysed or not. Maybe it’s even things that happened during the playback, like if searching was performed then the history file didn’t get updated for the song that was playing during the search, or if the search was started before or after that “track must play for 60 seconds for that track to get added to history.”

It would be nice if inmusic could fix it though as one last update for this quite established model.

1 Like

The more I think about it, the more I think it’s a pen drive “Busy” thing, rather than the playing files themselves.

Maybe the history file gets written to at 61 seconds, as we know that the file has to play for 60 seconds before it’s considered “played”. So what if the file system is already doing something at 61 seconds? Like searching or saving cue points? Maybe the mcx 8000 needs to check a minute later to see if the file got added to the history list, or not, and add it if it didn’t. All guesses , but there’s got to be some pattern to it.

1 Like

I took part in the beta and posted this issue. I even shared a few example tracks with the beta team. I was told that it was corrected and for me to provide feedback. Unfortunately I didn’t get the opportunity to verify the on my end (as you know, beta testing is completely volunteer). I’m assuming that they considered it fixed since they didn’t receive a response from me and no other testers reported it as an issue.

Guess I should’ve followed up… Ooops!

If it hasn’t already, it should resubmitted as a Bug.

Hi Everyone,

At this stage, we are not bringing new features to the MCX8000. If there are serious issues that prevent the use of the product we will investigate but otherwise, the product will not likely see new firmware updates. I hate to be the bearer of bad news here but I wanted to provide some clarity on this thread.

To be fair, the MCX8000 saw a number of significant updates over the last few years and still continues to service the DJ community quite well. We hope you continue to enjoy the product especially with the new SoundSwitch functionality we recently added.

1 Like

Hi @kradcliffe - It’s a great sounding board and still one of the most versatile all-in-one units today. I used it myself for many years as a mobile event DJ.

Honestly, we were under the impression that 2.5 resolved that particular issue as it was not brought up again by our beta team with the RC build but sadly it seems to still be problematic.

I appreciate the offer. If we had solid reproduction steps and could easily reproduce in our environment it would certainly help but please understand I can’t make any promises that it will be addressed.

If you do track down definitive steps, please add them to the ticket below and tag me in. https://community.enginedj.com/t/mcx8000-some-played-tracks-not-marked-as-such/24500/5

Thanks man!

1 Like

Hi I have noticed some of the situations under which this occurs and I published it in the link mentioned by @JWiLL , the only thing I need to verify is that it is a problem with some specific memories at the time of writing in them I already know from their speed or something else, I also offer myself to help as much as I can, at some point I suggested the release of the source code as open software, but now that engine is depreciated in favor of engine os, although I do not know how much code they share that would do this Not feasible for now, it is true that it is a very good team, the only thing that stained its reputation a bit were the units with the screen problem and some problem in the firmware like the one we talk about here that for some it can be annoying, without these two things even today if I had to choose between esat and a prime I would choose the mcx8000 for the mere fact of the quick change between serato and autonomous mode which is mutually useful for the dj change, I hope this feature Stica is available soon in some prime meanwhile faithful to my mcx8000

Cheers

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.