Wifi Hotspot dropouts / menu jumps

I absolutely love the Tidal connectivity however, I’m constantly losing connection to the hotspot. I’ve tried two different apple devices and on different networks with the same results.

(For reference an iphone XS Max using EE 4G, and an iPad Pro 1st Gen using Virgin 4G)

Tidal is unusable with the unreliable hotspot connection. I have no issues in connecting other devices to these same hotspots, they also reliably connect to each other.

Will the Prime 4 connect to an iPhone or iPad’s hotspot via a tethered USB connection, as it doesn’t appear to? Could it be made to connect?

Additionally the ‘lost connection screen’ needs some work. You cannot have the Prime 4 taking you to the Wireless settings when you’re 4 seconds away from the end of a track.

I’ve used it half a dozen times now and each time ended up just giving up and switching the WiFi off. I simply cannot be messing about restarting devices and messing about with connection settings in the middle of a live set. It needs to be reliable.

Alternatives?

Is there a recommended mobile dongle that plugs straight into the Prime 4 rather using WiFi?

Is there a mobile device that uses an ethernet cable into the Prime 4?

A lesser issue I’ve experienced a lot is that when you scroll through a history and tap a track, the screen jumps and you lose the track. Very minor issue, I’m sure you’re already aware of it.

Interesting. I’ve used the Wifi directly from the venue without issues, but always thought my hotspot would be a backup.

I will definitely test this now, as that seems like a nightmare scenario, particularly with the Wireless setting window popping up while you’re scrambling trying to get another song in play.

I guess with so many other inputs, like the USB drives and built in drive, most of us are thinking it’s close to bullet proof.

Good catch.

Also, the jumping around is not just for the History, it happens from day one with me with my regular crates when going back into the View menu after playing a song.

I think it mainly happens according to how you have your listing sorted. For example, if sorted by BPM and you load up a track and it has not been analyzed, the crates view will jump as if to now put that song in the correct BPM sorting.

Hopefully this makes sense.