Why light surroundig jog Whell not funcktion in Traktor like in Serato?

Why light surroundig jog Whell not funcktion in Traktor like in Serato ?

That would have to do with mappings I would think. Mapping things like LED-rings is often a hard thing to do, especially if you don’t have the return midi codes.

1 Like

Because Traktor does not have track position midi out commands that would enable to map them to third party controllers. Some manufacturers have added special “midi modes” to their controllers that control lights around jog wheel in the firmware itself to get aroumd that.

1 Like

Thanks for responding

They don’t show track position in VDJ either, and I’m told it’s because of Denons mapping issue, not the software. I can get a single LED to show position, but not the whole row. Platter LEDs do flash near song completion tho

so there is no way to make the LEDs work on traktor?

Hi Everyone :slight_smile: Did you know you can import your Traktor library into the latest version of Engine Prime? This might be worth a try!

Sure, Engine Prime works great with MC7000 :wink: #sarcasm

The LED’s are controlled by Midi Signals.

Is the Denon DJ MC7000 supported with Virtual DJ, Traktor or any other DJ program?

The Denon DJ MC7000 has been developed from the ground up as an amazing controller for Serato DJ. Denon DJ and Serato have carefully tuned and mapped each control to create the best possible out-of-the-box user experience with the included Serato DJ software.

However, since the MC7000 hardware controls appear to your computer as a generic MIDI device, it can indeed be custom-mapped to any other DJ application that supports user or developer-created custom mapping.

To map the lights to your preferred way of operating please check out this guide on how to map outgoing light status.

Virtual DJ has made a factory mapping for this now which is part of the latest V8 build V7 you would need to make your own map.

Sorry for the confusion but let’s try to play nice :slight_smile: We try to foster mutual respect.

1 Like

Unnecessary comment Keith and not really in line with ‘respectful and courteous’ communications I and we would all like to see on this Forum. Chloe is a relatively new team member who is still finding her feet on the technical intricacies of a multitude of products.

I got mine to circle the ring using beatphase in traktor. Look at the setting pane to make this work on your controller.