Why are my tracks in one of my playlists now red?

Why are my tracks in one of my playlists now red?

This is an engine dj created usb stick from virgin tracks that I’ve been using as as my mini collection for months. Today I turn my deck on (Sc5000M) to play around and saw it’s all red. It was working before up until I turned on the unit today.

I’m trying to find out what happened. Thnx

Did you change the name of the usb stick ? Since the full path in the Engine database is referring to to song location this could be the reason if all songs on the stick are affected.

I can’t figure it out. Engine Dj 2.4, Engine OS 2.4 btw.

Do I have to actually dump the engine dj db and possibly start over?

Find those tracks in Engine DJ desktop, right click a red track and select “Auto relocate all” it should hopefully find your tracks (unless they are deleted). Then re-sync to SD/USB.

If the red tracks are only on the SD/USB then grab another spare SD/USB and sync to that see if that fixes the issue.

They are not red in the desktop. Only on the deck. Why?

Corrupt SD/USB/SSD? Try syncing your library or at least a few playlists which are effected to a spare USB drive and see if they’re still red.

Does a corrupt drive affect one playlist that was working on the deck before but still works on the desktop with engine dj along with with other dj software along with my iPhone?

Yeah you see that information would have been better placed in your first post. Rather than a sarcastic after thought, good luck bud.

I’m pretty sure I posted the pics of the process I followed so someone can look over. I posted above your first reply.

That’s why I posted the next set of pics showing that I looked to see if your option was available.

Thank you buddy for fully scrutinizing lol

Here’s where I got so far.

This happened cause I physically added new tracks to that playlist through EDJ straight to the usb stick which is the collection btw.

So far I can’t find a way to reverse it.

The only option I know right now is to add new tracks to new folders and have them analyzed through the decks.

The USB stick is the collection?

If that’s the case, why are you exporting? The playlists would already be on the stick.

Exporting is there for copying stuff from source drive (usually internal) to destination (the one that will be used on the Prime hardware). Two different drives.

1 Like

What I did was I added a track directly to the playlist on the usb stick and added it to the engine collection. While engine dj recognizes the addition on the usb stick my deck doesn’t. It reds out the playlist.

I can only use that playlist when my usb stick is connected to my computer and my deck is using the collection wirelessly.

How would I properly add new tracks to my stick when it is the main collection?

I got a few more things left to try.

If your collection is external, then you need to perhaps open the drive and add tracks there to the playlists, instead of the main collection view (sum of all collections).