When I would want frame search (“stutter cue”), I’ll fire up my old cd- or md-player. ![]()
AND on-topic again peeps!!
When I would want frame search (“stutter cue”), I’ll fire up my old cd- or md-player. ![]()
AND on-topic again peeps!!
Well, I hope the new Prime 5+ will again have stutter play, just like those old Denon twin players, which actually preceded Pioneer DJs existence
I believe @NoiseRiser is old enough to have had the honour of playing on these Denon twin players, and is equally looking forward to a Prime 5+ as the rest of us ![]()
Also, might I add, I asked AI about Prime 4 or SC6000 being discontinued, and AI tells me they are, and a Prime 5 is upcoming. But I’m a big boy, and I know I can’t believe anything AI says. In this case AI is just reading this forum and taking all the complet theories or Prime 5+ rumours for real information…
See, that wasn’t so hard to stay on-topic…
Wouldnt a Prime 5+ indicate that there already has been a ordinary Prime 5, if we follow the current labeling on units?
Maybe Denon is brewing on something at the current time, maybe not…but I would not use AI as a pointer in any direction. And the reason for that is if AI only “scans” the forum and 10 users say that there must be new equipment on the way, then AI probably takes that as a truth.
Kinda like the rumors that Prime 4 and SC6000 is discontinued…we have only seen users state that in here. No official statement from Denon.
So they might be…or not.
The only thing we can do, is to wait it out and see what comes…and when
Yeah, predictable as hell, just stating names which haven been bashed to death here on the forum…
Ouh yeah, good old Dateq mixer and SL1200, than DN-2000F was the way to go ![]()
you’re asking a basic model to speculate on future product names…? I don’t know exactly what you’re expecting here. Also technically the Prime 4 is discontinued, if that’s what you asked it, instead of Prime 4+ no wonder it’s getting confused. I was asking AI about a known feature which still exists on new CDJs, NoiseRiser is just upset AI proved him wrong.
What, in your view, is the missing Stutter Cue on a possible future Prime product?
I presume the same as the Youtube link you posted above! To me it has always been that repeated 1 frame audio segment (1/75 of a second). Like there was on old CD- and MD-players to set a CUE point. Personally, I think there’s not a lot of difference, audibly or visibly, setting a CUE point either way, but I’ve seen people ditch a device for less reasons.
I think when I ask most Pio-AT users, they would tell me Stutter Cue is slamming on the CUE button repeatedly/rhythmically. At least that’s also what my expensive corporate CoPilot tells me…
That function is the same as on Engine devices, if I’m not mistaken, and called CUE-PLAY.
I am not upset. I am laughing about it. I don’t need AI to help me talk with people.
You totally missed my point and AI did as well, so nothing to discuss here.
Anyway, on topic, Reese is right here as well.
Dude, did we really explicitly had to add the [sarcasm] tag???
I can’t say anything about the SC6000, but my distributor’s DJ staff told me the Prime4+ is not manufactured anymore.
This info is not from in here…
the thing, thats what’s being told be distributors about the sc6000 for a few years now too, whenever they are out of stock… And distributors just want to steer you to gear they can sell today. I think it says a lot that my nearest gear shop has no Denon DJ gear in their showroom anymore, and filled it all up with AT stuff…
AT is rewarding shops for that. I encountered that first hand. If a shop gets rid of competition from the shelves and is not restocking - they get rewarded and get better discounts for next stock. Same goes for rental companies, that have a contract with AT - as long as they don’t stock up on competitors gear, they have massive discounts and big support.
Yes this is how the world works unfortunetly. Same with bicycle shops. For example we have a small bicycle shop in my town that sold many brands of mtb bikes. TREK made them an offer to get more discount if they only sell Trek and nothing else. This is what they did. Now they are only doing service on Trek bikes also
You see this in all kinds of different buisnesses. Its all about making more money. I dont like this, but it is just how it is.
Yes, ofcourse they do. But it’s still up to the shop themselves to decide if they are going to thrive doing this or not.
And honoustly, I’ve heard a lot of complaints about DenonDJ stock being depleted, and spare parts/service being very very hard to get by/slow. Which is a disaster for local shops, because the added value compared to cheaper webshops is exactly the service they can offer… Right now we are in a situation where both the SC6000 and Prime 4+ gear are hard to find, even in online shops all over the EU. A local shop thus can’t offer the service on a DenonDJ unit they want. If I would own a shop and Pioneer would give me money to stop selling a brand where stock is short all the time anyway (which means I can’t sell the unit anyway), well, that’s basicly Pioneer offering me money to change nothing at all ![]()
I get InMusic wants to wait until stock is depleted to launch a new product, but right now only the low-budget line of the DenonDJ brand is available. And it’s been like this for a while with the SC6000. It’s like InMusic doesn’t care about the pro market anymore? Or they are launching the SC7000 and Prime 4 mk3 at the same time, which would be, due to stock breaking on their whole top level line and leaving it open for AT to fill, very stupid.
No, No, it won’t! In the 21st century, when we have perfect visualization of the audio track with precise frequency separation, “cue stuttering” is the most unnecessary feature for modern DJing. Get used to the fact that we’re no longer in the era of CD sources and players with dot-matrix displays. You don’t even use a rotary-dial phone at home anymore. Forget about it. Discussing this topic is completely unnecessary.
Again, did I really had to add the [sarcasm] tag?
You do know they sell skins and you can make it any color you want right? The 4+ checks most of these boxes. All you need is a skin. Or you could just go and buy the supposed latest and greatest. I for one enjoy Denon products.