My advise for wireless sound would be not to use Bluetooth due the delay. If you want wireless sound without delay use something like this: Marmitek Audio Anywhere 630 - Wireless Audio Transmitter Receiver
I’m using this for my denon go+ in case of using it mobile (walking around at a silent disco with ku Rig). Perfect.
The Prime 4+ already has this. Also, I don’t think Spotify support is a hardware limitation, so a new generation of players probably won’t make a difference for this.
Engine OS will automatically determine whether your device is used as an input or output. If your device supports
both, a dialog will display to ask you to select one type. You can change this at any time using the three-dots icon.
Have some patience. Also, Bluetooth out already exists (more or less useful gimmick) and Spotify is a matter of license and API, leaving aside Tidal and Apple Music already cover more than 95% of a typical DJ’s need anyway.
Here’s the thinking, I don’t think Denon DJ is going to do much right now considering the fact that the products are still selling pretty well however what I think is going to happen is that they are going to create like a rane performer/4 except a standalone kind of like what they did with the rain system one doing a standalone off of the already popular rane 1 idk, just a theory
My guess is that they’re always working on the next line of products as an ever ongoing thing, but take the necessary time to do it properly, rather than getting it out prematurely just because another company is bringing out XYZ-product. At least that’s the way I think would be the most beneficial in the long run
they only need to add onboard stems processing, stems processing of tidal tracks and better quality physical knobs on the prime 4/x1800 mixer line. would have pretty much the core djing experience people expect now when using software. (cdj stutter mode and better play/cue button would also be nice)
This is one of things I did hate in older CDJ’s, new ones don’t have it. And that was actually frame search - 1/75’th of a second - CD single audio frame playback to figure out the starting cue point. Relic of the past, dictated by the small buffers of earyl device.
I’d love to see Denon to an all in one with a 4 band EQ option. Unlikely I know, but it would be a hit with the techno/house/AH Xone/V10 crowd, and me. Or else an updated X1900 mixer with it.
Yeah, I know CDJ vs Vinyl mode, I never use CDJ mode, as this was never good way of searching the cue point. I started with Vinyl and frame search wasn’t my preference. I remember people talking about pioneer removing this option, and also in CDJ mode to have vinyl emulation when cued. But when in playback, that just top of the jog would not scratch.
the feature also comes in handy for sampling into an mpc for example, not just djing. I thought the tech was copyrighted so Denon can’t use it or something.
Nope, I don’t look at waveforms at all. What has this even to do with how I dj? I am scratching a lot, I come from the days where there was no waveforms, record players didn’t had any help that you have today. I play by listening to music, not watching it. That’s why I use vinyl mode only on all decks.
Well actually… Pioneer is only active in the DJ world since the end op 1994. In those days was Denon the industry standard with the DN-2000F and DN-1000F players. Which had the “stutter cue”. But in those days the stutter cue was also available on nearly every (radio) broadcast player.