What's the latest firmware for the mixer X1850?

To my knowledge, shortages needed some parts to be changed what resulted in a newer firmware.

New installers will be released accordingly. So probably less exciting then expected. :relieved:

🫧 pop !!!

Yeah…dont hold your breathe it probably still wont work… These guys writing (sorry trying to write extremely bad) software updates couldnt change a toilet roll… god forbid a light bulb needs changing… probably be ten versions of dead lightbulbs before they put a 5watt bulb in.

1 Like

Nopes. But might got some used one who knows :wink:

Same i can’t update mine (Firmware V1.0)

1 Like

Seems pretty bad that this still isn’t resolved.

If the latest version is 1.6 that’s exactly the same as x1800. I wonder if it’s the same?

I got tired of waiting and bought the Pioneer DJM-S11 instead.

I’m keeping the Denon players though.

1 Like

Any new insight here what this is about that there is no firmware update available? Pretty strange that no one from Denon or InMusic makes a statement to this.

3 Likes

This is not a guarantee and I am just guessing.

Since version 1.6 was the last version of the x1800 and as described by Denon no updates for the x1850 have been released yet, I assume all x1850 mixers that ever rolled off the production line were shipped with version 1.6.

1 Like

I can confirm that this is not the case. I got my X1850 last year in December with v 1.3 and was able to update it to 1.5 at the same time. Maybe it was one of the last batch with previous hardware revision since from Februar first buyer noted that they got their device with v 1.6.

2 Likes

I’m rockin 1.5 as well. No issues I can see, I mean whats gonna change. They need to issue another mixer with memory and a sample bank / pads or switch out slicer mode of the players and swap it with a sample bank that takes my Roland Sp404mk2 off the table

The official last firmware is 1.7 but it seems to bricked some unit if you try to update LOL

1 Like

What hardware revision is your X1850? The update worked for me without any issues.

Options:

• Is the driver up to date?
  • Retry putting the mixer in update mode when powered on and use scan button again.
  • Use other USB port or, if possible, another computer entirely.

FWIW, update went reasonably fine here. I always need to reseat the USB cable for the last “did the update go okay” check step.

What is hardware revision ? The only thing I Can see on the update program or the unit is V 1.5

Yeah I changed port…I made some power cycle, I retry hold Power + hold Back + fx cue + TAP …I was able to retry all the steps But when Im on the step “Data receiving” The program tell me to press next button…I m stuck to that step because that Next button won’t react… I have deleted… reinstall All the drivers… install program… Same … I will check with an other PC

RESOLVE i have retry but i have instant-press the next button when “Data receiving” appear and it works now :face_with_raised_eyebrow:… maybe lucky :kissing_smiling_eyes:

yes it is super tricky especially if you already had a try and are starting with the firmware update mode. In this case it is misleading in the installer what you have to press first.

The Update via the Mac works without Problems :partying_face: Hardware 1.3 / Firmware was 1.5

You have to start the Update tool and READ / Follow the Instructions :nerd_face:

What changes does the update provide as I could not readily find this on Denon’s site, with Engine it says what has been updated/fixed etc. I have not updated my mixer since it was repaired and has been fine since, if the update does not provide additional value I may skip.