Waveform not visible on touchscreen when using USB stick and/or SD card

Just got a brand new Prime Go. It was running the 1.6.2 firmware when I got it out of the box. I plugged a USB with FLAC files into it and played songs from the folder straight away. I could see the flowing waveforms on the touchscreen display. I then updated the firmware to 2.1.2. Now, when playing songs from USB or SD— zero waveforms are visible. I can see waveforms when I’m streaming from TIDAL to the Prime GO. I did load all of my songs into the Engine OS on desktop. I analyzed them and then exported them to a USB thumb drive. Engine OS on desktop (current version) has no problem displaying the waveforms as the song plays. I plugged in the USB drive with all of the analyzed/exported music and still zero waveforms are displaying themselves on the touchscreen….aside from the songs that I played prior with version 1.6.2…… Regardless, this is pretty terrible experience so far. Any insight as to why it would display waveforms with the old firmware but gives me absolutely nothing with the most current one? Mahalo in advance for any insight.

Did you convert the USB drive to Fat 32 or ExFat before putting your data on the USB?

What version of engine. ??? Did it update the database from the old format 1.6 to new format 2. Try formatting usb to exfat. Install latest version of engine and try exporting again and see what happens.

I freshly formatted a 128 gb USB thumb drive to Exfat for sure.

I downloaded/installed the Engine OS to desktop two days ago. I formatted a 128 gb USB to exfat. I reanalyzed all music files. You can see the a small depiction of each respective waveforms next to every song on the Engine software on desktop. Those analyzed songs are exported to the 128 gb, Exfat USB. Those songs audibly play on the Prime GO. But there is no waveform displayed on the Prime GO touchscreen. They are 24/96 FLAC files. The prime go would display waveforms, no problem, until I updated from 1.6.2. to 2.1.2. It seems all quite hopeless.

Okkkkkkkkkk. Can you try reinstalling the 2.1.2 update. Sometimes it can misfire the install. Try it off a usb stick if possible

Thank you for your response. I definitely appreciate it. I’ll give that a shot.

You could try -

• another usb/sd card with some test files (DON’T use the engine dj application to transfer)

• see if the waveform are generated on the GO

That’s a great idea. I’ll give that a shot when I get home. Mahalo. :call_me_hand:t4: